01-20-2014 06:43 PM
108 ... 2345
tools
    I bought into the whole pure clean Google experience thing and got myself a nexus4 a few weeks back. And really in my opinion the performance difference between the two was really insignificant. To me the pure Google experience is great. But slightly overrated.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s4 lag issue?-1371002767739.jpg  
    06-11-2013 09:06 PM
    There will never be enough available storage.. People aren't happy in life. They want the biggest, the best, a manufacturer could offer 128 tomorrow and in 6 months it's not enough. We live in a society that feels entitled to wasting resources and being disposable.

Posted via HTC One
    Yeah but only thing apple does right is now they do have 128gb ipad 4 and iphone5 don't mean I'd buy one would like to see android get larger storage or at least make what they have available but I know they do its the carriers, but also agree that human nature is to want more including me

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-11-2013 09:40 PM
    I bought into the whole pure clean Google experience thing and got myself a nexus4 a few weeks back. And really in my opinion the performance difference between the two was really insignificant. To me the pure Google experience is great. But slightly overrated.

I know this is way of topic but how do I put pics in my response on tapatalk2

06-11-2013 09:41 PM
    Hope that helps. Lemme know

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s4 lag issue?-1371005831548.jpg  
    06-11-2013 09:57 PM
    What swift key theme is that? I like it

Sent from my SCH-I545
    06-11-2013 10:32 PM
    Theme is called "light"
    fishepa likes this.
    06-12-2013 06:20 AM
    Hope that helps. Lemme know

Yeah it does thanks

06-12-2013 06:49 AM
    Start with Maps. Zoom in and out with pinch. See if it looks like this (3:40)
    I think the lag issue (as seen on this video) is not really important to me. In my Photon I see about the same on "heavy" webpages and about the same on maps. I know the S4 is better and newer and shouldn't do that but I think is TouchWiz and not the actual hardware. In any case, that's something I can live with if I choose the S4 instead of the HTC One.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2013 07:56 AM
    I think the lag issue (as seen on this video) is not really important to me.
    I used to think the exact same thing. After experiencing what it is like to have no lag or pauses or anything anywhere...I don't think I could go back. In spite of my many criticisms of the Nexus 4 (and I have a lot), that smoothness keeps me using it.

I know the S4 is better and newer and shouldn't do that but I think is TouchWiz and not the actual hardware.
    Of course it is not the hardware. It is Touchwiz. All vendor skins are giant anchors on Android's perfection, and I have come to despise them. Especially Sense.

Someone on here said they installed CM on their S4 and, surprise surprise, the lag vanished.
    06-12-2013 09:55 AM
    what worked for me was turning off the magnification gestures... now my phone is flying..

menu>my device>accessibility>magnification gestures... turn off
    06-12-2013 11:08 AM
    What does the magnification gesture do?
    what worked for me was turning off the magnification gestures... now my phone is flying..

06-12-2013 11:19 AM
    First I want to be clear I do love my S4 and there is no way I would ever get rid of it. Now the lag on S4...

As I have posted in other posts yes I experience lag. And I turned off animations and disabled certain bloatware. That actually helped a lot believe it or not, but only with home screen, opening and closing an app. Now I still experience lag. But it isn't something I can't deal with. Previously I had all the iPhone lineup except 5, the Note II, and Droid DNA. Maybe its carrier bloatware that causes the lag, and maybe that's why certain people on certain networks don't have lag. I am on Verizon and I definitely see a lag comparing to the Droid DNA. And it didn't become obvious till you run certain apps like games. 2 games I ran that I play most frequent is Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run 2. The lag is very obvious when I run these games. I compare the smoothness to the DNA and I see there is no lag at all in the DNA. When I play Temple Run 2 on the S4 it stutters massively and lags. I can see an obvious skip sometimes and cause me to tumble to my death. I swipe and it takes a good second for my phone to react. Is this a big deal for me? No not really. Would I ever get rid of the phone? No, bc certain features of touchwiz is outstanding, such as the S-Calendar and widget for it. It is my daily productivity app.

My sense is that eventually this lag issue will be addressed accordingly. It may take a bit of time I'm sure. I always remind myself that initially release of a product especially technologies, always have glitches, it can be big and it can also be small. iOS also have its fair share of issues. The only reason that the glitches is very minimal is bc the software itself has been improved and built up for years and every iPhone uses the same exactly OS. Every release basically only comes with a few new features while most are enhancements to existing software. Touchwiz is still fairly young at this stage in comparison to iOS. I'm sure given enough time this issue will be a thing of the past.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    06-12-2013 11:52 AM
    You might be right. I will try to play with the GS4 and the HTC One more often whenever I get a chance to make the right decision for me.

There are days that the HTC One seems like my next device and other days the GS4 seems better for me.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2013 06:07 PM
    I'm fairly certain that Samsung will provide some updates to help.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    06-12-2013 06:58 PM
    I really hope Samsung does give out updates for this lag. Mine isn't severe but it is certainly annoying and gives off the impression that its a cheap phone.
    Topgonzo and jonathan2677 like this.
    06-12-2013 09:39 PM
    I ve owned almost every phone from iphone and android the best one I used was the iphone3gs lol I truly believe they are making tech worse with every new product !! What a waste of irreplaceable raw materials from our earth! The s4 issso ****ty im truly amazed I was able to post this !!
    07-02-2013 12:08 PM
    People should boycott "smartphones" until they ate finished nuff said this new and improved monthly update **** is taking years off my life
    07-02-2013 12:12 PM
    Yeah but not until the next model comes out
    07-02-2013 12:13 PM
    Hacking on COD has less lag than the s4 .
    07-02-2013 12:14 PM

This was turned off by default for me?
    07-02-2013 12:15 PM
    Can the s4 support flash ? No.
    07-02-2013 12:15 PM
    Can the s4 support flash ? No.
    Yes

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    07-02-2013 12:32 PM
    I ve owned almost every phone from iphone and android the best one I used was the iphone3gs lol I truly believe they are making tech worse with every new product !! What a waste of irreplaceable raw materials from our earth! The s4 issso ****ty im truly amazed I was able to post this !!
    Sounds like you need to read reviews more before tossing your money away if you have your phones so much .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Notsosure likes this.
    07-02-2013 12:35 PM
    I have the GS4 since the first day and I have no lag with it at all, and I use mine a lot during the day.
    07-02-2013 02:22 PM
    That makes 2 of us! And I have all the bells and whistles turn on!
    Although I just got the phone on Monday!
    Let's hope it stays without lag!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 08:26 AM
108 ... 2345