Galaxy s4 lag issue?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Start with Maps. Zoom in and out with pinch. See if it looks like this (3:40)
Google Nexus 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube

I think the lag issue (as seen on this video) is not really important to me. In my Photon I see about the same on "heavy" webpages and about the same on maps. I know the S4 is better and newer and shouldn't do that but I think is TouchWiz and not the actual hardware. In any case, that's something I can live with if I choose the S4 instead of the HTC One.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the lag issue (as seen on this video) is not really important to me.
I used to think the exact same thing. After experiencing what it is like to have no lag or pauses or anything anywhere...I don't think I could go back. In spite of my many criticisms of the Nexus 4 (and I have a lot), that smoothness keeps me using it.

I know the S4 is better and newer and shouldn't do that but I think is TouchWiz and not the actual hardware.
Of course it is not the hardware. It is Touchwiz. All vendor skins are giant anchors on Android's perfection, and I have come to despise them. Especially Sense.

Someone on here said they installed CM on their S4 and, surprise surprise, the lag vanished.

pcstation

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
what worked for me was turning off the magnification gestures... now my phone is flying..

menu>my device>accessibility>magnification gestures... turn off

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
First I want to be clear I do love my S4 and there is no way I would ever get rid of it. Now the lag on S4...

As I have posted in other posts yes I experience lag. And I turned off animations and disabled certain bloatware. That actually helped a lot believe it or not, but only with home screen, opening and closing an app. Now I still experience lag. But it isn't something I can't deal with. Previously I had all the iPhone lineup except 5, the Note II, and Droid DNA. Maybe its carrier bloatware that causes the lag, and maybe that's why certain people on certain networks don't have lag. I am on Verizon and I definitely see a lag comparing to the Droid DNA. And it didn't become obvious till you run certain apps like games. 2 games I ran that I play most frequent is Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run 2. The lag is very obvious when I run these games. I compare the smoothness to the DNA and I see there is no lag at all in the DNA. When I play Temple Run 2 on the S4 it stutters massively and lags. I can see an obvious skip sometimes and cause me to tumble to my death. I swipe and it takes a good second for my phone to react. Is this a big deal for me? No not really. Would I ever get rid of the phone? No, bc certain features of touchwiz is outstanding, such as the S-Calendar and widget for it. It is my daily productivity app.

My sense is that eventually this lag issue will be addressed accordingly. It may take a bit of time I'm sure. I always remind myself that initially release of a product especially technologies, always have glitches, it can be big and it can also be small. iOS also have its fair share of issues. The only reason that the glitches is very minimal is bc the software itself has been improved and built up for years and every iPhone uses the same exactly OS. Every release basically only comes with a few new features while most are enhancements to existing software. Touchwiz is still fairly young at this stage in comparison to iOS. I'm sure given enough time this issue will be a thing of the past.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You might be right. I will try to play with the GS4 and the HTC One more often whenever I get a chance to make the right decision for me.

There are days that the HTC One seems like my next device and other days the GS4 seems better for me. :confused: :D

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

Duzi Boom

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I ve owned almost every phone from iphone and android the best one I used was the iphone3gs lol I truly believe they are making tech worse with every new product !! What a waste of irreplaceable raw materials from our earth! The s4 issso ****ty im truly amazed I was able to post this !!

Duzi Boom

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
People should boycott "smartphones" until they ate finished nuff said this new and improved monthly update **** is taking years off my life

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I ve owned almost every phone from iphone and android the best one I used was the iphone3gs lol I truly believe they are making tech worse with every new product !! What a waste of irreplaceable raw materials from our earth! The s4 issso ****ty im truly amazed I was able to post this !!

Sounds like you need to read reviews more before tossing your money away if you have your phones so much :D.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That makes 2 of us! And I have all the bells and whistles turn on!
Although I just got the phone on Monday!
Let's hope it stays without lag!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz