music apps for running, turns on and off?

Kathryn Garner

May 28, 2013
Visit site
whilst running the most annoying, launch worthy tech error occurs. the music app turns on and off in your pocket or in the running arm band i purchased to try stop the problem continuing? i tried using g tunes instead, which when the screen (blacks out) locks then it requires the password to change it- perfect!! NOT, because then the (headphoned shape app) other music app appears as a drop widget at the top of teh lock home screen and actually runs alongside the music that your listening too! and its not a great DJ? its also only that music appliaction that works with teh samsung headphones for volume control and stopping of the tracks which is fab for running. please can samsung sort this problem as i love using my phone for exercise and i cannot deal with this issue of the menu button allowing the music app to be accessed in my pocket whilst running- very annoying

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying the Samsung stock music player is running its widget at the same time you're using a different music player? If so I would hope going to system settings>more>app manager>Samsung music and disabling it would solve that part (or disable whatever the other player is).
I use rocket player which works with the volume and pause on the headphones, you can also make playlist and it has a nice EQ you can mess with.
Do you have a protective screen on the phone? I noticed mine added a tiny bit of height around the button so it doesn't push as easy, maybe a case would too.
Hope I understood your post and some of this helps.

Kathryn Garner

May 28, 2013
Visit site
thank you so much for your recommendation for rocket player! just tried it with the headphones and it worked perfect- brilliant! ill head out for a run later and fingers crossed itll be perfect, just hope the (now) disabled music player stays away from the lock screen? thank u

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Nice. Hope it works better for you. There is also options in the player settings to choose how this player interacts with the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton