16GB/32GB with low music/video/game usage

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought the 16GB S4 and I have a 32GB SD card installed, so 48GB total.
I have a medium sized music library, but not much video and don't plan to install many big games.

I hear a lot of people are waiting for the 32GB model because 16GB is not nearly enough for them. Is this simple a total storage issue or is it a performance issue, because the 9GB (of usable) internal storage is not enough? Does Android use the internal storage as additional memory for games and such or is it just simple storage?

I'm very interested in performance but not so much in total storage.

Thanks!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK the only difference is storage.

I can understand if microSD is not an option but it is and they are cheap too.

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the 16gb version (9gb free). I have downloaded all my apps and the 4-5 games I play a lot and I still have 8gb free on my phone. I have a 32gb memory card that I have my photos save to and I have about 10gb of music loaded on. For my needs the 16gb phone it just fine. I do have a N7 that I use a lot and I have a bunch more games loaded on it. The "Larger" games I keep on my N7 because 1) I don't play them that much to put them on my phone and 2) I enjoy playing them more on the 7" screen. I don't have any movies on my phone, I keep them on my N7.

I think the people that are loading a ton of games or purchased movies are the ones that I can see having issues with the 9gb of free space. But I think for the majority of users out there, the 16gb version would be plenty. By majority of users I mean your typical Mom / Dad / kid out there that load up Facebook, e-mail, Pinterest and 3-4 games. Not the "power users" that tend to frequent various Android Forums on the internet.