I have my notification volume set at one level above vibrate but when I receive a text it still is very loud. I don't want it as loud as it currently is but I am not sure how to lower it without muting it?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    05-29-2013 09:26 AM
    I have my notification volume set at one level above vibrate but when I receive a text it still is very loud. I don't want it as loud as it currently is but I am not sure how to lower it without muting it?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    At first I thought there was a separate notification volume for texts, but I looked under settings in messaging on my S3, and I don't have that. You can try that, but I doubt it's there either. So, now I am under the impression that it is the volume which the sound was recorded. Try a quieter ringtone, ask a friend to send you a test text. If it changes, then that's it. If not, I have no idea what to try next.
    05-29-2013 09:33 AM
    It could be that the notification file you've selected is really loud (I know I used to have one of those for my text messages originally). But you can also set volume levels for Music/Media, Ringtone, Notifications, and System sounds. Just press the Settings button that appears when you turn volume up/down or pull down on the notification bar and long-press the Sound Mode toggle and go into Volume.
    05-29-2013 10:12 AM