Signal strength seems very low

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your location... Mine's always full strength when downtown, about 3 bars when at home... 2-3 bars at the office. If you're worried about reception I'd take another device that runs on the same network and place them side by side and see how the strengths differ. One bar difference could be acceptable. Two bars difference and that means the lower device has a problem.

Kelly Dyke

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Im in the UK & have a S4 i9505 my plan is 4G, in network settings I had auto connect (4G,3G,2G) based on this i was only getting 1 bar if not no bars everywhere, i was concerned because I thought I had signal issues, however I spoke to Samsung & because I had it on 4G,3G,2G it was seaching for 4G 1st and because 4G is new in my area & low signal that is why I was having the issues, as soon as I changed my network settings to 3G/2G only my signal has improved & working, so for people having poor signal go to network settings & change it to auto connect at 2G/3G if your phone is still having issues it may be the phone, but it fixed my issue. maybe that is why alot of people are having low signal if its on 4G/3G/2G i think Samsung should have made customers aware.

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of returning my 3 weeks old S4 as well. I've never had the same signal as my wife's 2 year old Droid Razr Maxx. WTH? Is this a recurring problem with the S4? I'm seeing a lot of the same posts on here regarding the antenna reception and 4g connectivity. At first I thought it was the thick case I put it in but when I removed the case, it was the same. Usually 2 bars are the most I can get and I'm not living in the sticks eithers. Like I said, my wife's phone side by side gets better signal strength and it's driving me insane.