Just wanted to see people's thoughts on the new streaming service from Google. I am a huge fan of streaming music.. Mainly because I never really know what I want to listen to so storing it on the phone doesn't always work. I have been using it for about a week now and I like the selections. I like the radio feature but I have made a playlist or 2 and also am using some of the featured ones (such as "the world of daft punk" one) and I must say it's pretty nice.

I feel like it's just as good as spotify in terms of music but the app could use some work. The app seems to like to keep the phone awake alot so that doesn't help (see below).. But that may be due to the big data it likes to chomp on.. Just seems like it uses more than spotify or Slacker radio. I also hate the stupid album scroll back and forth.. I keep the album down now so I don't see that lol. Also it uses alot of data it seems.. In a week I've chomped through 3GB without the HQ option selected (also below) so people with tiered plans may need to store the playlists more on their phone.. But either way. I like it.

What are thoughts on the service guys and gals??

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Google All Music Access - Your thoughts-uploadfromtaptalk1369856018466.jpg   Google All Music Access - Your thoughts-uploadfromtaptalk1369856038005.jpg   Google All Music Access - Your thoughts-uploadfromtaptalk1369856086740.jpg  
    05-29-2013 02:36 PM
    Dude that is scary data usage for most of us mortals. Lucky you are using sprint. On the service it will just get better. They have a device in the pipeline where you can stream the service. I have had my collection with them for a longtime and the auto playlists are awesome and the more you use the better job it does.
    05-29-2013 04:15 PM
    I love subscription music services too. I have a few different memberships going to try them all out, and intend to narrow down to one in the next couple months. I'm very impressed by Google's service so far. It's in much better shape out of the gate than any of the other services that I've used (Spotify, rdio, Rhapsody) were, and that's doubly true for their mobile app. For a v1.0 it's remarkably good.

They have one feature I *love*, and that is the ability to see newly released music *by genre*, something that as far as I know only Rhapsody does, but Rhapsody has a number of other serious shortcomings that mean I won't be renewing it when my year is up. (I got a discounted rate because my account came over from Napster back when they absorbed them).

Spotify's desktop apps are cool, and I think rdio has the best interface, but I'm very close to deciding that Google music will be my primary service going forward, and the $8/month discounted rate for early adopters doesn't hurt either.

I haven't noticed it being too hard on my battery, though I haven't watched too closely. I have seen it chew through lots of data too, but I'm on T-mo unlimited so don't care. (And btw I *love* having unlimited data again!!!)

Being a bit of a subscription service geek I could go into annoying amounts of detail comparing these 4 services, but will leave it at that for now. But, if you have specific questions on the other services I'd be glad to answer.
    05-29-2013 06:59 PM
    I love All Access too. It makes some great recommendations based on your existing library and has a very deep selection of songs to choose from.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-29-2013 07:05 PM
    I love it but they need to fix the app to dynamically adapt based on mobile vs wifi usage.
    05-29-2013 07:11 PM
    As both a personal user and a apps for business user I decided to sell my soul to Google and it dors keep getting better. The data is a bit of a concern and having moved from a Gnex to the S4 in the same week as I subscribed to the all acces or whatever they call it. I am not sure exactly what my usage will be. I listen to music on my morning run and never went over 2GB. Now I am almost there in one week. I may go back to streaming my music instead of the Google radio to see if it makes a difference.
    05-29-2013 07:19 PM