What are people finding to be the best settings for the camera? Does 13 MP make a big difference over the default 9 MP? What about other settings like metering or modes? I'm not that impressed with the pictures so far but am wondering if that is because my settings are not optimized. Most users and reviewers seem to think the camera is great.
    05-29-2013 05:09 PM
    There's actually a pretty decent article at CNET about the camera: Samsung Galaxy S4 camera guide | Reviews | CNET UK

Really, to get the best pictures, you need to know what all the settings do, and which situations call for which settings. It's an art. But I find (disclaimer - I have a Galaxy S3, not 4) that for the most part and for pointing and shooting, I tend to only mess around with the white balance depending on where I'm at. What I tend to do in most situations (time permitting), I'll mess around with the camera and settings and take a lot of test shots. For example, I had to go to my kid's band concert, so I spend quite a bit of time while waiting for it to start tweaking settings until I thought I had them right (so I was prepared when the concert started). Of course, not every situation allows you to do that as some are just spur-of-the-moment shots.
    05-30-2013 03:45 PM