So I bought the obliq case from amazon and I really like it. It will hold me until there comes a decent waterproof s4 case. That being said, has anyone heard of the big guys coming out with a waterproof case worth buying? I'm not a fan of the obex at all. I like lifeproof, but their obviously iCrap only. I emailed otterbox and they said it's not happening (and they just purchased lifeproof). I'm sorta bummed since I live in a rainy duck blind for most of November - February.

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2013 08:54 PM

Seriously I keep my phone in one while in the pocket of my coveralls during deer season. I know there is more potential for a wet phone while in a duck blind on a lake or pond, but still, with no waterproof case options that might be as good as it gets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2013 10:34 PM
    Seriously I keep my phone in one while in the pocket of my coveralls during deer season. I know there is more potential for a wet phone while in a duck blind on a lake or pond, but still, with no waterproof case options that might be as good as it gets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here, though I've found in general that the ones with the fancy "zipper" stuff tend to not seal quite as tightly as the press-to-lock type. The zipper ones are more convenient for getting the phone out, true, but mine stays in the bag whenever I'm outdoors. I even keep a simple sandwich bag stuffed in the bottom of my holster bag in case I'm out and about, see an Ingress opportunity, and it happens to be raining.

The ideal for actually using the phone is a bag large enough to stuff the phone and your hand into. Warm, dry hand using dry phone, with no risk of a raindrop on plastic being interpreted as a long-press on the screen (which in Ingress usually means a Level 8 XMP is wasted forever).

Edit to add: Also, always leave a little air in the bag. The slight positive pressure tends to keep water out to an extent if there's a small hole in the bag you didn't notice, keeping the plastic away from the screen until you press on it means fewer accidental raindrop-induced false keypresses, and if you put enough air in it the bag will float if dropped in the water, increasing your chances of retrieving the phone.
    05-29-2013 10:43 PM
    I've done the bag thing for years. It would be nice to have a case that did it instead...you know?

05-30-2013 07:10 AM
    I've done the bag thing for years. It would be nice to have a case that did it instead...you know?

I agree. I would buy a lifeproof case for my One and s4 in a heartbeat if they cared for us android users and got their head out of Apple's behind.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2013 07:46 AM
    So Otterbox said they are not making one for the S4, like the Armor? will the s4 fit in the s3 armor box
    05-30-2013 10:28 AM
    They said it's not happening. I doubt it will fit in the s3 case because of its more rounded corners.

05-30-2013 11:00 AM
    Can u actually use the phone in the bag? Or do you have to take it out?
    05-30-2013 11:18 AM
    It works in the bag but the phone function sounds strange.

05-30-2013 09:14 PM