This might be a dumb question, but if I turn my GPS off, will my weather widgets still update to show the weather in my area? Will it be slower as opposed to GPS on? Or will it not update at all unless its on?
    05-29-2013 09:16 PM
    It is not a dumb question at all. As long as you have Google location services enabled, your weather will update.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-29-2013 09:49 PM
    It is not a dumb question at all. As long as you have Google location services enabled, your weather will update.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Lol thanks! Guess I'll turn my GPS off to save me some battery!
    05-29-2013 10:00 PM
    This might be a dumb question, but if I turn my GPS off, will my weather widgets still update to show the weather in my area? Will it be slower as opposed to GPS on? Or will it not update at all unless its on?
    Some will, I don't keep my GPS on unless I'm usually maps normally. Some weather widgets like 1Weather and Android weather in the play store can update off of cellular location rather than GPS. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-29-2013 10:00 PM
    You can! Ofciuse us save battery!
    Click on the Widget => go Setting Untick on show my current local.
    Now it will update without local cool
    06-03-2013 12:37 PM
    Most weather widgets allow you to manually enter the location's zip code which is what I do to save battery.
    06-03-2013 12:43 PM
    Most weather widgets allow you to manually enter the location's zip code which is what I do to save battery.
    Great advice for any device!
    06-03-2013 12:51 PM