Galaxy S4: IR Blaster Uses

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: IR Blaster Uses

Touch Squid looks awesome! And they give you a 30 day money back guarantee. Way better than the typical 15 minutes. I may give it a try. I wonder if I would have to pay for it again if I want it on my ipad mini. Or if there is a way to import the codes once I set it up on my S4 to my mini....

Just thought about the fact that the mini doesn't have an IR blaster built in. May give it to my wife and purchase a Note 8 if this app does what I want.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It's also great to use when you are in a sports bar and the TV by your table is playing a game that you don't want to watch.

The LA Fitness in my area found out I'm changing the TV. They love Soccer and I switch to NHL.

It was funny seeing their reactions, like "WTF is changing it?!?" LOL

So they put a black tape on IR sensor. :(

msmo81

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I use it with my dvr boxes (Scientific Atlantic) and my smart tv (Vizio) with no problems when I can't locate my remote

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

The LA Fitness in my area found out I'm changing the TV. They love Soccer and I switch to NHL.

It was funny seeing their reactions, like "WTF is changing it?!?" LOL

So they put a black tape on IR sensor. :(

I want to do the same thing at my school's TVs. Change from Science Channel to CNN and see what happens. It was on CNN 24/7 so nothing like blast from the ugly past.

bluuplanet

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

The ROKU definitely uses IR. That's the only reason the end of the remote would have the dark red window like many other remotes. IR remotes either have a naked IR LED on the pointing end or they hide the LED behind the dark red window.
ROKU may use other forms of communication as well, for other purposes with other devices (bluetooth headphones?)

griefstruelove

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

This thread may be too old, but in case anyone may be interested. I use the watch on app to control the stereo in my van. I also use it on my kitchen tv to control the stereo to change channel and volume. I used the av receiver setup for the stereos. I love that I can Control all the rooms in the house easily. Even the ones that use converter boxes. Love that you can click watch now and go right to the show your reading about. Having easy access to it in the notification bar is awesome. Easily the coolest app I use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz