Great battery but laggy phone.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So initially my s4 was so so in battery life but from what I remember I never had lag and everything always responded instantly. Fast forward a week and I factory restored the phone and started over. With a combination of common sense techniques and utilizing better batter plus, the battery is stellar. However now the problem is a very noticeable lag.

Anyone have any tips on how to diagnose what's causing this? I can kill all tasks with a task killer and it still does it, so it's nothing that simple.

onick

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
As far I understand, when you use the built in power saver mode or similar programs, the cpu is under clocked to save battery. It might explain the lag you are facing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

urstrinath

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
For lagging problem
clear the running apps every time & download battery doctor on your phone.it will automatically makes your phone faster

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As far I understand, when you use the built in power saver mode or similar programs, the cpu is under clocked to save battery. It might explain the lag you are facing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

I'd say it's this. Power saving stuff will underclock things.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
For lagging problem
clear the running apps every time & download battery doctor on your phone.it will automatically makes your phone faster

well, this is something that i disagree, but not completely..... you should NOT kill running apps, UNLESS they are hanging there, or running in the background really bad....

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't do any power saving stuff like slowing the phone down.... I meant I made sure not to have any programs that were sucking battery and turned off all the settings that require constant GPS attention and stuff like that. I didn't turn on battery saver mode or anything.

Rick Bray, how do you tell the difference between an app that's just idle in the background or one that's hanging there.....

I found an app that I think might have caused a lot of the lag however. Its the "es file viewer" It randomly crashed, while I wasn't even using it. Then the phone became a little snappier. I use it everyday, a couple times a day. So its usually in the background. Could be part of the problem....

Any program out there that monitors programs and background programs to see how much CPU they use.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't do any power saving stuff like slowing the phone down.... I meant I made sure not to have any programs that were sucking battery and turned off all the settings that require constant GPS attention and stuff like that. I didn't turn on battery saver mode or anything.

Rick Bray, how do you tell the difference between an app that's just idle in the background or one that's hanging there.....

I found an app that I think might have caused a lot of the lag however. Its the "es file viewer" It randomly crashed, while I wasn't even using it. Then the phone became a little snappier. I use it everyday, a couple times a day. So its usually in the background. Could be part of the problem....

Any program out there that monitors programs and background programs to see how much CPU they use.

I think better battery stats does.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site

what i usually do is to take a look at battery stats to see if any app is using much battery, but it would be easier to download an app to monitor ram/cpu (i use ZDbox), and there you can see if an app is using waaay too much CPU.....(that app may be hanging instead of just idle)

i usually stop those, and if it recurs, i uninstall it and try to find an alternative....

works for me, and my S4 goes pretty smooth all the time ;)

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Click your home button twice to bring up S-Voice, then go to the settings in that app and uncheck the use with Home button option. This removes some Touchwiz lag. Also, activate developer options in your settings app, and turn down the animations from 1.0 to 0.5 or none. This gets rid of 95-99% lag.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So initially my s4 was so so in battery life but from what I remember I never had lag and everything always responded instantly. Fast forward a week and I factory restored the phone and started over. With a combination of common sense techniques and utilizing better batter plus, the battery is stellar. However now the problem is a very noticeable lag.

Anyone have any tips on how to diagnose what's causing this? I can kill all tasks with a task killer and it still does it, so it's nothing that simple.

Have you installed the latest update?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc