I've had my GS4 for a week now, and I'm not too pleased with the picture quality indoors. I do a lot of pictures for eBay, and I have a nice little studio set up with photo lamps. The GS4 pictures are just horrible versus my old iphone 4s. They come out so much darker. Really debating returning the phone to go back to apple. Does anyone have suggestions? Pictures posted below. First one is the GS4 and second is 4s.

05-30-2013 11:01 AM
    Did you remove the plastic cover that is over the lens? If not, first, do that, just remove the Battery Cover, and place a piece of transparent tape above the lens and rub it a little and then peel it off, it should remove the plastic cover. Believe me is there, you can barely see but it's there, and by experience I can tell you that it messes with the light, so it may be causing your issues.

The S4 camera is by far the best feature on the phone, it may not be the best on low lights conditions, but even that, those pictures are very very good.
    macmitten and tstowelljr like this.
    05-30-2013 11:09 AM
    I did try to pull off any film that would have been on there, but it seems that the Verizon rep had already removed it. So no fix there. I did turn my photo lamps off and just used the fluorescent from the ceiling and picture turned out better but still not as nice as my 4s.

[IMG][/IMG]
    05-30-2013 11:31 AM
    I did try to pull off any film that would have been on there, but it seems that the Verizon rep had already removed it. So no fix there. I did turn my photo lamps off and just used the fluorescent from the ceiling and picture turned out better but still not as nice as my 4s.

http://<a href="http://postimg.org/i...50.jpg</a></a>
    Are you using auto white balance? Seems like that could be your problem.
    05-30-2013 11:33 AM
    White balance was set to auto.
    05-30-2013 11:53 AM
    Well, it looks like the phone is not getting the right white balance. With the photo lights on, it looks yellow which says to me the lights are incadescent, but the camera isn't adjusting for it. Try it on incadescent white balance ( I assume the s4 has that option).
    tstowelljr likes this.
    05-30-2013 12:08 PM
    I manually put it to incandescent and picture looks as it should finally. Any ideas why the auto white balance isn't working correctly? Thanks.
    05-30-2013 12:59 PM
    I manually put it to incandescent and picture looks as it should finally. Any ideas why the auto white balance isn't working correctly? Thanks.
    I don't know. I don't have the S4, so no experience with it. You may ask on the forum what others experience is with auto white balance under incandascent lighting to see if it is just your phone or a general s4 problem.
    05-30-2013 01:06 PM
    I took these two pictures over the weekend while at Stone Mountain campground, outside at night. The first picture is in auto mode and the second picture is in night mode. The only light was from a street lamp. I found it to be a dramatic difference.

aggie and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-30-2013 01:10 PM