Just noticed that the S4 has silent camera shutter

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see anything posted on this but notices on my phone if I tun ringer volume all the way down and take a picture, there is No shutter sound!!!

Pretty cool, and I am not rooted!

Sent from my Sprint GS4

t073

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I instinctively put my phone on vibrate first day I received it because I hate it making sounds when I'm at work so I guess that also turned off vibrate even though the volume is still on for videos and music. I always thought it just didn't have a shutter sound because I've never heard it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Or you can go to camera settings and turn shutter sound off

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

Depends on carrier if memory serves me right... Because the S3 for Sprint you have to be rooted to get rid of the sound but I believe with ATT they allowed you to shut it off.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went into that second setting tab and nothing there to turn It off.

Doesn't matter anyway, if I turn the phone all the way down or to vibrate, the shutter sound turns off!

Sent from my Sprint GS4

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
VZ here and no option to turn off shutter sound. You gotta turn volume down before opening the camera to adjust.

antiquitas

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Was pleasantly surprised to find out that the s4 does this! So much for having a silent camera being illegal, a rumor going around blackberry user forums. Although if some carriers don't allow it maybe it is a bit iffy. Go AT&T!

KonaKaneko

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
VZW does not have software allowing shutter to be silenced. From home screen, volume down to silence/vibrate, now go to camera, no shutter sound.