I found this interesting when I read that Samsung has held some pretty high-up meetings to discuss about their new design 3.0 strategies:
    Samsung Execs Meet To Discuss "Design 3.0" | TechnoBuffalo

Particularly the part where they are going to start emphasizing on "external beauty" of the phone.

Suffice to say that the recent competition from HTC and the endless comparisons between "build quality" has probably urged Samsung to rethink their phone build designs.

As a consumer, I'm excited. Even though I own an HTC One, I'd be more than ecstatic if the next generation of galaxy phones will sport a brand new sleek looking design with potential aluminum body variations as well. Very much looking forward to see what they come up with for the GS5 and what HTC and other phone companies will do to counter that innovation.

Great time to be an android user
    05-30-2013 12:18 PM
    Wonder how many people choose based on external appearance and then slap a big ol' case on it?
    As long as they keep a removable battery its worth a look from me.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    05-30-2013 12:40 PM
    Wonder how many people choose based on external appearance and then slap a big ol' case on it?
    As long as they keep a removable battery its worth a look from me.
    I agree with the notion of not putting a bulky case on it. I sacrifice some protection with my clear, hard case but I've also never comprehended why people look for a phone with great external design only to put a brick otterbox around it

It sounds like Samsung is thinking about moving away from the plastic components that generated alot of "heat" for GS4. If so, it'd be interesting to see what they'd use as an alternate.
    05-30-2013 12:53 PM
    I think Samsung needs to "rethink" its software strategy as well. The Nature UI is..is...lacking in so many ways. Water drops for number presses?? Give me a break. Not to mention its freakin' bloat from H*LL that needs to be cleaned up. Touchwiz needs a revamp. I actually like it but it brings this phone down. After they master this, then they can master its hardware. Just my .05 cents anyways....
    05-30-2013 04:02 PM
    Dammit. I am gonna buy the S4 on July 1st and they are gonna come out with a sexy S5 with killer front speakers and I am gonna be a sad panda. Then I'll have to wait for the S6. Damn these First World Problems.
    05-30-2013 11:37 PM
    Dammit. I am gonna buy the S4 on July 1st and they are gonna come out with a sexy S5 with killer front speakers and I am gonna be a sad panda. Then I'll have to wait for the S6. Damn these First World Problems.
    Why not just get the HTC One with a killer body and front speakers built in already and get the S6 when it comes out later? =)
    05-31-2013 12:25 AM
    Everyone at the meeting agreed that consumers should be able to identify Samsung products easily.

This just screams that its going to built almost exactly like the s4, physical home button, capacitive back and menu, circular slab phone. Maybe they will try other build materials though.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-31-2013 12:46 AM
    Everyone at the meeting agreed that consumers should be able to identify Samsung products easily.

This just screams that its going to built almost exactly like the s4, physical home button, capacitive back and menu, circular slab phone. Maybe they will try other build materials though.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    If the GS4 actually came with its own aluminum uni-body design, I can honestly tell you that I would have been really, extremely hard-pressed in my decision between the ONE and the GS4. Considering both of them are very similar in terms of software and specs, it really came down to look/design to me and my choice was easily the One with the "fresh" new innovative look it brought to the table.

That said, if Samsung decides to release an aluminium-body GS5 with an ultra-thin bezzle (or even a somewhat borderless screen) - something that looks like this:
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&...2F%3B600%3B375

I'd be very inclined to buy this in a heartbeat
    06-01-2013 10:53 PM

You just named 5 deal breakers in 1 sentence. Oh well, I guess there are still those Nexus devices to fall back on. And some super sexy Moto X rumors.
    06-01-2013 10:58 PM