Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 sim free with 3uk simcard inserted

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a Samsung s4 with the built in 4g and I had a different network sim card in which showed up lte/gsm/3g bands but now that I've inserted in a 3uk sim card the lte band isn't showing anymore. I know for a fact both Vodafone (the first sim card j had inserted in my s4)and 3uk haven't got their 4g lte networks installed up and running but why does lte disappear when I insert in a 3uk sim and lte shows up when I sent in a Vodafone sim card.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
that is determined by the sim card and the carrier

Is that assuming my network sim isn't 4g compatible meaning I won't have the lte options available as of yet. If this is the case it's pretty weird as my previous network sim I've had for well over 2 years ago when lte wasn't even being sold is lte compatible kinda strange even though the networks I've used don't have any lte coverage here in the UK

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
4g could be different from lte. there is no standard at least that has been the case. they are not all created equal. a NON lte phone may display the lte icon and it not be able to use lte.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
4g could be different from lte. there is no standard at least that has been the case. they are not all created equal. a NON lte phone may display the lte icon and it not be able to use lte.

Well I'm in UK and to be honest from what the major mobile phone retailers here make of it lte is 4g and my s4 is the i9505 model which has 4g. The lte option does show up on one network but with this network I'm with now it doesn't show up lte as an option when selecting network bands. I'm assuming the network I'm with has put some tight controls in place so that lte doesn't show up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC