09-16-2013 10:29 AM
51 123
tools
    lucky you to have friends named Bill Smith that live on Main Street. I have clients named Reema, Charla, and Mariska that live on streets named Van Ness, Windom and Tilden.

Regarding SwiftKey Flow vs Swype, are you saying that the next words pop up while you are Swyping instead of the autocorrect for the word you are swiping?
    Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Swiftkey lists the next words that it predicts whenever no keys are pressed swiping (swiftkey flowing) or otherwise. During swiping with swiftkey it lists only one word at the top which is the prediction for the current word. During tapping input it lists the word it predicts you are typing in the middle, it lists the word exactly as you are typing it on the left in case you don't want it to autocorrect the word. That way if you choose that word on the left instead of the word you are typing it will add it to the custom dictionary.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    05-31-2013 06:43 PM
    I don't use the prediction feature that often. I'd rather the keyboard just autocorrected and be done with it. I can type/flow/swipe faster than it takes to find the right prediction.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-31-2013 07:23 PM
    I own Swiftkey, but have not loaded it since I have Swype on my device. If my device has Swype I will use it... I do type things Swype does not have in it's dictionary.

I am old, but still can learn a few things so Swype is quicker for me to type almost anything... I'm very happy the S4 has Swype installed, but I easily would have loaded Swiftkey for the flow (Swype) capability.
    05-31-2013 07:31 PM
    I tried flow and don't like it
    Swype is best, and it can learn your words/names if you link it to your Gmail and Facebook.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    gnr_2 likes this.
    05-31-2013 08:07 PM
    I swype 100 % of the time ...... for me is faster than typing ..........
    05-31-2013 09:10 PM
    In addition, Swype in the play store is way better than the free one that comes with s4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 10:27 PM
    I'd say its a 50/50 split depending on the application, with swyping gaining ground the more I use it.
    06-01-2013 11:39 AM
    Have SwiftKey Flow and love using a mixture of typing, Flowing, and the predictions. Best of all worlds.
    06-01-2013 11:43 AM
    I'd stick with swift key 100% of the time, if flow was better. It truly is far inferior to swype for swyping. However swiftkey is far superior as a tapping keyboard.

06-01-2013 11:46 AM
    Update! As soon as I go and praise swype (from market) I look at my gsam battery monitor. Swype caused 20 or so wake locks! Back to swiftkey full time

06-01-2013 12:16 PM
    I swipe most of the time. I find that it is easier to do with one hand. It is also easier when typing on my desk. I won't even pick my phone up. I can just keep the phone flat and compose messages.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2013 03:03 PM
    lucky you to have friends named Bill Smith that live on Main Street. I have clients named Reema, Charla, and Mariska that live on streets named Van Ness, Windom and Tilden.

Regarding SwiftKey Flow vs Swype, are you saying that the next words pop up while you are Swyping instead of the autocorrect for the word you are swiping?
    Swype pulls names from your Facebook and Gmail if you enable that. But again, all you have to do is type it out once then hit the "add to dictionary" button. It's very quick and once you do it, you can Swype the name no matter how obscure.

What I was saying about Swype vs Flow is that flow only offers you one word for your swipe, which causes issues if your swipe applies to multiple words or if you were slightly off. For example, if I Swype "it", I also get options for out, our, or, and some others since the gesture is extremely similar. With Swype, I can quickly choose the word I meant to use, but with Flow I have to go back and click on the word to see the other possible choices.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    06-02-2013 12:39 PM
    I have both swype and SwiftKey. I allow them both to check my text messages and emails to learn the names I need them to. In currently using SwiftKey but only because I haven't switched back to swype yet. Honestly, which ever is more stable and less of a memory hog will win out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-02-2013 06:06 PM
    Swype pulls names from your Facebook and Gmail if you enable that. But again, all you have to do is type it out once then hit the "add to dictionary" button. It's very quick and once you do it, you can Swype the name no matter how obscure.

What I was saying about Swype vs Flow is that flow only offers you one word for your swipe, which causes issues if your swipe applies to multiple words or if you were slightly off. For example, if I Swype "it", I also get options for out, our, or, and some others since the gesture is extremely similar. With Swype, I can quickly choose the word I meant to use, but with Flow I have to go back and click on the word to see the other possible choices.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    I might have to check out Swype. I tried it once while it was in beta, but couldn't figure out if you could also type on it. I like their solution to capital letters and punctuation. I just cannot get the hang of it on SwiftKey.

06-02-2013 06:48 PM
    For those who prefer swiping, which keyboard do you use? I've always used swiftkey for touch typing but with swiftkey flow I kinda prefer the stock keyboard
    06-03-2013 04:03 PM
    For those who prefer swiping, which keyboard do you use? I've always used swiftkey for touch typing but with swiftkey flow I kinda prefer the stock keyboard
    I use the stock keyboard on my Nexus. It is the best in my opinion.

06-06-2013 11:38 AM
    I use gesture/swipe. Sometimes it will give me issues, and I will have to type out the actual word I need. Other than those few times, its so much faster. The Samsung stock keyboard even knows "lol" when swiping. Usually, keyboards will put in "oil" or "loll". So the fact that I can swipe "lol" really made me a super happy person.

I may once in a while type normally, but swiping is so much faster. And I like to challenge myself, to try and use long words that I'm not sure how to spell, and then when I see the word pop up, its kind of rewarding. :P
    06-06-2013 04:19 PM
    I have Swiftkey with Flow enabled. I would say I use Flow 80% of the time and touch typing 20%. Flow has been pretty accurate so far. If you need to enter a password or email, you need to touchtype...
    06-06-2013 04:26 PM
    I use the stock keyboard on my Nexus. It is the best in my opinion.

I think the stock 4.2 keyboard is now the newly released Google Keyboard. I can't see any difference between them. This way, I guess, they can add features that you couldn't get updated on stock. And anyone not on 4.2 can share in the experience.

06-08-2013 11:54 AM
    Have tried to use the swiping method and just can't get used to it. So I'm a touch typer
    06-08-2013 01:36 PM
    Have tried to use the swiping method and just can't get used to it. So I'm a touch typer
    I felt the same at one point, but I kept using Swype and then I switched to an iPhone and didn't have Swype and I realized how much I really liked Swype. Now that I have my Nexus, I am happy to use Swype all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-08-2013 08:44 PM
    And I like to challenge myself, to try and use long words that I'm not sure how to spell, and then when I see the word pop up, its kind of rewarding. :P
    SwiftKey Flow never gets this right.

06-08-2013 09:56 PM
    I'm in the wine business, and emailing countless words (wine names) from many different countries on a daily basis would make swiping pretty useless I think. Plus, Dora the Explorer says no swiping.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 08:25 AM
    Depends on the humidity lol
    06-09-2013 08:32 AM
    I'm in the wine business, and emailing countless words (wine names) from many different countries on a daily basis would make swiping pretty useless I think. Plus, Dora the Explorer says no swiping.

Posted via Android Central App
    That's why you would use something that allows you to do both swipe and type when you need to.

06-09-2013 12:45 PM
51 123