Swiping vs TouchType

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting a consensus on the preferred input method. I have swiftkey with flow enabled. I do a mix of swiping and typing depending on what I'm doing. But some of my friends say swiping is just a gimmick. Some say they couldn't go back to touch typing. And some haven't got the option :p silly iPhone

So what is your opinion?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I type old school style.. Never got into swiping :p.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
personal opinion, prefer to swipe....

the input may not be perfect, but it's faster overall.... at least for me...

also, it's way better to swipe a lot of bu*****t while drunk, having a better chance for it to have some sense XD

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I hop back and fourth between two. Swyping may be a gimmick, but a useful gimmick haha. Comes in handy when I'm texting in class!

Sent From Another Galaxy.

s44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Swype is better than its competitors for, um, swyping. Try it...

I like the stock Samsung keyboard for entering passwords, though.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i find that swyping is faster overall but it does get some words wrong. i read that you have to go around letters you don't want used. like if you want to swype top you need to go around the 'i' so it doesn't type tip

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
About 3 months ago I finally downloaded Swiftkey and haven't looked back. To me it looked too hard so never tried it, but damn it is so fast and easy to use!! I will use nothing else. Funny thing the other day I was looking up something for my wife on her iPhone and I was trying to swipe on her keyboard LOL, damn I hated tapping on it after that.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting a consensus on the preferred input method. I have swiftkey with flow enabled. I do a mix of swiping and typing depending on what I'm doing. But some of my friends say swiping is just a gimmick. Some say they couldn't go back to touch typing. And some haven't got the option :p silly iPhone

So what is your opinion?
I tried swiping on my iPod Touch the other day. Super annoyed when I couldn't do it.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I touch type most of the time. I only swype if I have to use the phone while it's in my vent mount in the car, in which case I sometimes just do voice input.

There are many who use swype and are very quick with it. But with swiftkey typing with thumbs is very very fast for me. The autocorrect works wonders and many times for longer words it already suggests the word and I just hit the space bar to enter it. Plus many times it predicts the next word as well. It's amazing.

But I'm not going to say that either swype or two thumb typing is better. All it will say is that swype is like a single clutch paddle shifter transmission, while thumb typing is like a dual clutch. The moment you are done typing one letter, you already have the next letter ready to strike. No interruption of text entry.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

bencpht

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Swyping and swiftkey with flow. I can't go back to touch typing . I added contacts to my son's iPhone and it drove me nuts .

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I love swyping and show it off to all my iPhone friends and they love it

Is not perfect, but neither is touch typing

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Swyping and swiftkey with flow. I can't go back to touch typing . I added contacts to my son's iPhone and it drove me nuts .

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can't swipe names so seems you would have to touch type anyway.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38