Swiping vs TouchType

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
For those who prefer swiping, which keyboard do you use? I've always used swiftkey for touch typing but with swiftkey flow I kinda prefer the stock keyboard

I use the stock keyboard on my Nexus. It is the best in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I use gesture/swipe. Sometimes it will give me issues, and I will have to type out the actual word I need. Other than those few times, its so much faster. The Samsung stock keyboard even knows "lol" when swiping. Usually, keyboards will put in "oil" or "loll". So the fact that I can swipe "lol" really made me a super happy person.

I may once in a while type normally, but swiping is so much faster. And I like to challenge myself, to try and use long words that I'm not sure how to spell, and then when I see the word pop up, its kind of rewarding. :p

ztyankov

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have Swiftkey with Flow enabled. I would say I use Flow 80% of the time and touch typing 20%. Flow has been pretty accurate so far. If you need to enter a password or email, you need to touchtype...

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard on my Nexus. It is the best in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
I think the stock 4.2 keyboard is now the newly released Google Keyboard. I can't see any difference between them. This way, I guess, they can add features that you couldn't get updated on stock. And anyone not on 4.2 can share in the experience.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Have tried to use the swiping method and just can't get used to it. So I'm a touch typer :)

I felt the same at one point, but I kept using Swype and then I switched to an iPhone and didn't have Swype and I realized how much I really liked Swype. Now that I have my Nexus, I am happy to use Swype all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
And I like to challenge myself, to try and use long words that I'm not sure how to spell, and then when I see the word pop up, its kind of rewarding. :p
SwiftKey Flow never gets this right.

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the wine business, and emailing countless words (wine names) from many different countries on a daily basis would make swiping pretty useless I think. Plus, Dora the Explorer says no swiping.

Posted via Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the wine business, and emailing countless words (wine names) from many different countries on a daily basis would make swiping pretty useless I think. Plus, Dora the Explorer says no swiping.

Posted via Android Central App
That's why you would use something that allows you to do both swipe and type when you need to.

scandroid2

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think the swipe on these s4 are some of the worst I?ve encountered. I had a LG Esteem that put my s4 to shame in that department. Perhaps it's a fat finger issue:-! What an outstanding addition it would be IF they could polish off the operating ability of what should be a well refined technology by now. All other function work fine for what I use it for. Business, personal etc.. But the swipe is one of the most frustrating features of the phone. Voice to text is second on the list. Apparently both a technology that has a long way to go.