06-08-2013 11:25 AM
98 1234
tools
    ...Last week I went to my bros graduation, and of course most of my families had iPhones...they all complained their batteries were about to die so they stopped taking pics...mine was about to die, so I took out the extra battery in my pocket, put it in, and was a very happy man! Love this phone!!!
    But I thought a removable battery was useless? The removable battery, SD card and fantastic phone itself make this a great purchase for me. I am so happy I didn't go with another company. Notice the APPS that are being released that say, "Only available for the Galaxy S4 at this time." That's the advantage of having a first tier phone like the S4. 10 million plus sales means a vast majority of recent smartphone buyers agree with us.
    orion575 likes this.
    05-31-2013 06:52 AM
    I am extremely content with my S4 and that's coming from a short stint with the HTC One and longterm Note2.

A few stutters but I could care less. Love the screen size 5" and fits MUCH better in my hands than my wonderful N2. The HTC One was too harsh in my hand...case or no case and the button layout drove me nuts.

So, loving the N2 even though most of the sensor stuff is off (and I haven't even rooted yet...unbelievable!...but I did disable numerous att/samsung apps)
    ztyankov likes this.
    05-31-2013 07:03 AM
    Love it, no complaints

Posted via Android Central App
    05-31-2013 07:05 AM
    I would have to agree. This is the first phone I haven't rooted in years. I actually like everything stock. And the main reason I usually rooted was for my previous game saves but now since Helium is out and gives me my game saves without root I have no need to root this time around.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 08:01 AM
    100%

05-31-2013 08:03 AM
    Hey guys,

I just created this account to make this post. I've been lurking here for years, and actually watched it closely when I was deciding which phone to get when my Blackberry finally died.

I picked up the Verizon S4 when it launched earlier this week, and have been absolutely in love with the thing. The screen is gorgeous, I have encountered no lag (closest to it was a few frames dropped while playing The Room), I've been impressed with the performance, some of the gimmicks are fun to show to friends, and after rooting, I've found the expandability and open nature of Android to be something quite special (of course, this is not at all limited to the S4).

I'm genuinely enjoying the phone, and it is quite a bummer to see everyone over here complaining constantly. For a regular user such as myself (who is also a developer), I couldn't be happier with my choice - I'd love to know if there are others who tend to agree =)
    Yeah, I'm coming from the Motorola Droid Bionic and I'm totally loving my phone! My girlfriend just purchased the iPhone 5 and she's always raving about how much more my S4's screen is bright and rich in color. Watching HD movies on the device is incredible and the speed of the OS is amazing. I have a few minor gripes that don't mean much to me. Thinking I may stick with Samsung from now on.

J
    05-31-2013 08:25 AM
    Loving the phone so far. I had the TMo G2 previously. Question........what does changing the launcher do? I have never done anything except to add apps to my phones. Thanks.
    05-31-2013 08:34 AM
    I've been super happy with mine. The only issues I've had appear to be unrelated to this specific phone (SD card not always mounting right, quick battery drain from Maps). I have no doubt that I made the right decision in buying it.
    05-31-2013 08:50 AM
    I just noticed something, the bug thread for the Galaxy S4 has about 218 entries while the bug thread for another competing phone has about 346 entries. The other phone has, unofficially, sold half as many phones as the S4. So on a quality scale my choice of the S4 was the right decision. Love the phone!
    GB333 and orion575 like this.
    05-31-2013 08:56 AM
    I absolutely love mine. Battery is a beast, camera is amazing, and the phone overall is super fast. I also installed Apex Launcher and some themes. Love my phone :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 09:26 AM
    I came from an iphone and I have had the phone now almost a month. I have bought an extra battery pack on amazon and a couple ocases and a screen protector for it. put some apps on it and a nova launcher. So far I love this phone. The features are ridiculous. Someone stated that us iphone users should give it a few weeks and I fully agree. This was a learning curve since having a long line of iphones to going to this android phone that i knew nothing about. This phone and OS is amazing. It is everything that iOS was not. I finally took down my blinders and went for it. There were things that the iphones did really well and I was nervous about stepping away from my apple sphere but I did it and dont regret it. Its a great phone.
    ztyankov likes this.
    05-31-2013 09:39 AM
    I agree 100%
    It's been one month since I bought my i9500 and I am still enjoying this phone. I've never bought an unlocked phone so soon after release. It was expensive but I don't regret it at all. I'm totally content with it.

The only problem is I can't put it down!

And now my supervisor at work upgraded to the GS4 and now my Mom wants one. One of the things I really loved about having Galaxy phones in the past was that no one else around me had one. Now they are becoming a little more mainstream. But it's cool. At least they're discovering the beauty of Android.
    Hey guys,

I just created this account to make this post. I've been lurking here for years, and actually watched it closely when I was deciding which phone to get when my Blackberry finally died.

I picked up the Verizon S4 when it launched earlier this week, and have been absolutely in love with the thing. The screen is gorgeous, I have encountered no lag (closest to it was a few frames dropped while playing The Room), I've been impressed with the performance, some of the gimmicks are fun to show to friends, and after rooting, I've found the expandability and open nature of Android to be something quite special (of course, this is not at all limited to the S4).

I'm genuinely enjoying the phone, and it is quite a bummer to see everyone over here complaining constantly. For a regular user such as myself (who is also a developer), I couldn't be happier with my choice - I'd love to know if there are others who tend to agree =)
    05-31-2013 09:42 AM
    I'm very happy! No complaints here.

WAY back in the day I had the HTC G1. Then I upgraded to the HTC Sensation and thought it was an amazing improvement (it was!). And now I've upgraded to my S4 and once again am very impressed by the big step up! It's so much faster and more responsive than my last phone. I am VERY happy!! Hard to imagine in another two years that I will probably be saying the same thing about whatever phone I get next..... but I assume I will.
    05-31-2013 09:48 AM
    I would love mine if I had one.....
    tohio likes this.
    05-31-2013 09:51 AM
    99% of folks who are happy won't start forum threads to discuss it...

99% of those with problems/issues/questions WILL start forum threads to discuss it....just the nature of the beast.

For the record, I'm very happy with mine thus far.
    05-31-2013 09:51 AM
    Eh. I think it all has to do with personal preference. Honestly, i'm finding the S4 "okay". JUST okay. It's a fine phone to use but i'm constantly always thinking about switching back to the iPhone 5. I've been an iPhone user since the 4S came out, and i'm really missing iMessage, FaceTime and other apps that Android does not have. Alot of my family and friends have iPhones and iMessage is something I use to keep in contact with them daily since it doesn't use mobile data which im limited to less than 1GB of. Also love the fact that iOS is simpler and easier to use; no confusing widgets, etc. I also have the Note 2, so the S4 didn't wow me as much as I thought it would have. I honestly just bought the S4 because of a certain commercial I saw on TV but it didnt really live up to my expectations. Sorry. I've had the phone for almost 3 weeks, will be selling it on eBay soon and will go back to iOS, or will try out the HTC One. Just my opinion.
    05-31-2013 10:00 AM
    Been using iphone since the 3g all the way to the 5. Decided to make the switch to the s4 and could not be any happier. Yeah there are some stuff i miss but i gained so much more. Very happy with it.
    05-31-2013 10:18 AM
    I love the phone. Period. And thanks to the OP for starting this thread.
    I've had all the iphone generations up to 4S, a HTC Titan, and most recently a Lumina 920.
    In short, this is the best phone I've ever owned! And, I can see myself using this (without getting bored) through-out my entire contract period. (which is usually my downfall, as I'm contanty ugrading to the newest product released.)
    I'm also glad I obtained the 32GB version.
    05-31-2013 10:18 AM
    I came to the s4 from the htc one and im enjoying it alot.

I will admit I used to be a die hard ios user and struggled to find an android I would love and I love it.

So far this year ive had an s3, iphone, nexus4 then went back to the iphone then to an htc 8x then the htc one and now im home to the s4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 10:56 AM
    Hey guys,

I've been waiting for a phone to get me off the iPhone train, and after three days with the GS4, I do believe I've found a worthy successor. I'm pretty blown away by the thing.
    05-31-2013 11:09 AM
    I'm not hating but I guess after owning 4 Galaxy* Super Phones, it's not as exciting. After a week, except for the IR Remote I don't use any of the new features Samsung added. I guess it's probably the reason why I love the hTc One more.

*Note, S3, Note 2 (Pebble) & Note 2 (White)
    I get that everyone has their opinion, but how do you get bored of a phone that has more features, than you do with a phone that has less features? Especially when it's Android and you can download any number of customization apps....I've never been a believer that you can get bored of Android no matter which phone you have. If you do, then you just need to spend 5 minutes in the Play Store.
    clintw22 and txtoast like this.
    05-31-2013 12:09 PM
    Eh. I think it all has to do with personal preference. Honestly, i'm finding the S4 "okay". JUST okay. It's a fine phone to use but i'm constantly always thinking about switching back to the iPhone 5. I've been an iPhone user since the 4S came out, and i'm really missing iMessage, FaceTime and other apps that Android does not have. Alot of my family and friends have iPhones and iMessage is something I use to keep in contact with them daily since it doesn't use mobile data which im limited to less than 1GB of. Also love the fact that iOS is simpler and easier to use; no confusing widgets, etc. I also have the Note 2, so the S4 didn't wow me as much as I thought it would have. I honestly just bought the S4 because of a certain commercial I saw on TV but it didnt really live up to my expectations. Sorry. I've had the phone for almost 3 weeks, will be selling it on eBay soon and will go back to iOS, or will try out the HTC One. Just my opinion.
    For the record, the HTC One won't meet your i-messaging needs, either. Try using hangouts. It is cross platform and all of you friends and family can use it as well. At the end of the day, you have to be happy with the device you're going to use daily. Good luck.
    05-31-2013 12:30 PM
    But I thought a removable battery was useless? The removable battery, SD card and fantastic phone itself make this a great purchase for me. I am so happy I didn't go with another company. Notice the APPS that are being released that say, "Only available for the Galaxy S4 at this time." That's the advantage of having a first tier phone like the S4. 10 million plus sales means a vast majority of recent smartphone buyers agree with us.
    I never said it was useless lol
    05-31-2013 12:35 PM
    I am completely content with my S4 just as I was with the S3. When the S3 came out I had the best thing available and when I saw the commercials for the S4 I had to get the next best thing. Now if I just find time to get nova launcher installed and some different icons on this thing I would be in hog heaven
    thahim likes this.
    05-31-2013 12:49 PM
    I never said it was useless lol
    No, no, I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to owners of other phones without removable batteries who claim that a phone with a removable battery is not necessary and is actually an inferior phone. Your example of pulling out a spare battery and using it is a prime example of why I won't buy a phone without a removable battery.
    smooth4lyfe and orion575 like this.
    05-31-2013 12:51 PM
98 1234