Is anyone else completely content with their S4?

bassman2112

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just created this account to make this post. I've been lurking here for years, and actually watched it closely when I was deciding which phone to get when my Blackberry finally died.

I picked up the Verizon S4 when it launched earlier this week, and have been absolutely in love with the thing. The screen is gorgeous, I have encountered no lag (closest to it was a few frames dropped while playing The Room), I've been impressed with the performance, some of the gimmicks are fun to show to friends, and after rooting, I've found the expandability and open nature of Android to be something quite special (of course, this is not at all limited to the S4).

I'm genuinely enjoying the phone, and it is quite a bummer to see everyone over here complaining constantly. For a regular user such as myself (who is also a developer), I couldn't be happier with my choice - I'd love to know if there are others who tend to agree =)

doorules

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just came from a BB Torch, can't believe how fast this S4 is in comparison.

Everything just seems so much easier to do. Love the screen also.

It's apparently no joke when people say for pretty much any little problem there is an app for that, lol. The list of apps is seemingly non ending.

To date very pleased with the S4.

ericp2011

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Count me in, I just love this thing. Also had a work issued Blackberry that I liked a lot, but S4 can do about a million things more! Mine is not rooted (I am scared to try) so everything is stock, no lag, no problems. Only issue is with my big fingers and typing on a screen versus qwerty buttons but I am getting better with it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was about to start a thread with something like- Oh my S4 is dreadfully wonderful and one of the best devices I have owned!

And I have owned a lot!!!
-Great form factor with a 1080p screen in the size of a S3 or Nexus 4. I think it is the sweet spot in form factor and screen size, much easier to handle than the Note 2 which I have genuine affection for.
- Feature rich! I have most of the features turned off as I usually do on my Samsungs, just too many to keep up with. I do use quick glance under air motions and screen capture under palm motion. I think this phone has 2X the features of the 2nd place phone in features. Almost overwhelming.
- In almost three weeks as my daily driver, I am impressed with my battery life. Better than the S3 and Nexus 4.
- I picked up the 32Gb model and am thrilled after having to use the cloud with my Nexus 4...the cloud is slow no matter what anyone says...especially on HSPA+ and a big file.
- The camera and videos are superb, feature rich and impressive!
- I have seen many coming over from iOS. To you all - make sure to take your time with the S4. Learn it. It is not iOS and things wil not be "like your iphone". I will take up to three weeks or so to feel comfortable with the S4. The featues can be overwhelming but hand in there and most "how to" videos are on your tube or google.

To those of you getting this phone, be confident in your choice. We have a lot of bashers coming here to hammer the phone but be sure it is up to the task of any phone on the market and future updates will just make it be better.

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In a way the Galaxy S4 fourms might be pretty dead just because there are so few problems. I've been using my new S4 for over a week and I'll be damned if I can find anything I dont like. The battery life is great, screen is great, everything is smooth and fast.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm enjoying it. Had a few problems that I worked out. The only issue now is that it does get hot even on light use. I dont play games, but even Internet browsing can get it hot. It doesnt overheat and shut off, but it does get hot. Just as im typing this its getting warm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love mine. Came from a maxx and the battery trade off has been worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I love my s4 its the best phone I ever had im coming from a note 2. I dont understand why so many people talk mess about this phone. I mean if you dont like why dont you return it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I can assure the majority of S4 owners are happy with their devices, people come on here to ask for solutions to problem, and thats a very small majority of people worldwide
I could not ask for a better phone, the camera features alone blow the others away
Not to mention awesome features and perfect viewing size
S-Health is very useful especially since its so hot in my house, it can tell me the temperature of my room, and its pretty accurate too!
Animated photo is so fun to use! And the Camera itself is so good!
The battery could be better but I love coming home knowing there is a full chared battery waiting for me to be replaced

Last week I went to my bros graduation, and of course most of my families had iPhones...they all complained their batteries were about to die so they stopped taking pics...mine was about to die, so I took out the extra battery in my pocket, put it in, and was a very happy man! Love this phone!!!

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This phone is amazing, pure and simple. I've already recommended it to several of my friends who now tell me it's the best phone they've ever owned.

But when you're the best, people line up to take shots at you. As owners we just have to let it roll off. I don't have time to sit around complaining about imperfections in a phone that satisfies my needs 98 percent of the time. I'm way too busy loving this phone! I use my s4 for work and play, and I have enough battery life and features to never get bored with it!

Thanks to whoever started this thread. It was VERY much needed!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not hating but I guess after owning 4 Galaxy* Super Phones, it's not as exciting. After a week, except for the IR Remote I don't use any of the new features Samsung added. I guess it's probably the reason why I love the hTc One more.

*Note, S3, Note 2 (Pebble) & Note 2 (White)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC