Is anyone else completely content with their S4?

muticere

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with my S4. Sure, I've managed to find occasional glitches and hangups qnd find I like to restart it every couple days, but it does all the core stuff well and is such a huge upgrade from my Droid Charge. Even when that was new I had second thoughts about it. This one feels perfect for me and my use and actually feels like a SMARTphone.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4

donmar55

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got the T-Mobile Galaxy S4. Came from a Galaxy S2 for a year that was giving me problems after Samsung updated to Jellybean. I went to T-Mobile Store intending to change to the I-Phone 5 because of the frustration I was having with my Galaxy S2. The salesman was very knowledgeable and explained why the better choice was the new Galaxy S4 and that Samsung has fixed the issues that were happening with the S2. Actually the salesman had been a die hard I-Phone lover and traded his in for a Galaxy S4. I am still figuring out how to use the amazing features such as air glide and the camera that has 12 modes of taking crazy pictures. This phone is amazing I absolutely love it !!!! The only complaint I have is the sbort battery life needing to charge it twice a day but my S2 was the same. Fair trade for an amazing phone,

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I can honestly say I had the HTC one first for about a week .. as OCD as I am I wanted to make sure I was getting a phone I was "content" with so I returned it for the galaxy s4 which I used also for a week. Giving myself a fair oppurtunity to play with both having a more informed hands on opinion based on what I like .. and to be honest I was glad to go back to the HTC one ( all black ) ... When you take sound/headphones/front speakers vs standard back little speaker .. over all physical feel, smoothness of OS vs lag and glitchyness and getting rather hot after doing light tasks like webbrowsing ... My choice was a no brainer ... The only thing I liked at all that I found comparible having used both was the camera during the day .. s4 takes really nice pics .. and the camera softeware is pretty sweet.. but in the end Im content with my HTC one more :cool:

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had my S4 for two weeks. It is a great phone and it is a solid choice. For me, it just wasn't the right choice. I had a lot of issues with lag and stuttering. I alternated launchers and used all of the fixes. The phone ran fabulously after that. In the end it came down to screen real estate, so I traded it in for the Note 2. But the S4 is a great phone with really nice features and I think for most people, the sweet spot in phone size. I would recommend the phone, but I think once Samsung rolls out a few fixes it will be close to perfect.

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had lots of fun playing with the htc one today. Its definetly a great phone. Like many, I had to make the choice between the s4 or the one. I decided with the s4 as soon as the 32gb came out and I am very pleased. Im not having the lag issues that many have reported, but did have a battery issue for a little time period. Overall I'm still excited owning this phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370068165247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370068165247.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 40

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
When did this thread become about the HTC One?

I deeply apologize for if I've offended anyone stating my not so "contentment" for the s4 and my personal experience .. I should have assumed a sarcastic reply considering I jumped off the s4 school bus ... As you can see I'm a little new to android central and, I should be more aware of the segregated gang like behavior with .......... certain others...... I guess I had it coming cause I'm on the wrong turff ... :cool:

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Um...okay weird post. But It's not that opinions aren't welcome, but this was the ONE thread where we s4 fans get to admire and praise what we consider to be an amazing phone. There is an HTC One forum where you can do the same for your phone of choice. Why post it here?

I honestly do not care what you think of the s4, this isn't the thread for more negativity from HTC one fans. It borders on trolling.

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Um...okay weird post. But It's not that opinions aren't welcome, but this was the ONE thread where we s4 fans get to admire and praise what we consider to be an amazing phone. There is an HTC One forum where you can do the same for your phone of choice. Why post it here?

I honestly do not care what you think of the s4, this isn't the thread for more negativity from HTC one fans. It borders on trolling.

"Admire and praise".. dude relaxe it's just a phone . Lol!!. like I said "I apologize" .. and obviously you do care about what I think because your resentment clearly shows.. on a side note.. if I ever decide to start a thread about HTC one contentment and you decide to go out and give one a try only to find out it's not for you and then you openly state your opinion/feelings regarding how content you were... I would personly not get offended. Why...? Cause at the end of the day it's a phone :D

justinl111

May 10, 2011
Visit site
"Admire and praise".. dude relaxe it's just a phone . Lol!!. like I said "I apologize" .. and obviously you do care about what I think because your resentment clearly shows.. on a side note.. if I ever decide to start a thread about HTC one contentment and you decide to go out and give one a try only to find out it's not for you and then you openly state your opinion/feelings regarding how content you were... I would personly not get offended. Why...? Cause at the end of the day it's a phone :D

Sorry this is a thread about how you are enjoying the SGS4 NOT why you have switched to the One or what you didn't like. There are plenty of other threads for that, so why do you feel the need to add to a thread that plainly is for current SGS4 owners and users that want to praise the phone, nothing more or less. No need to take the thread off topic in the way you have!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I must admit I bought this phone for the third time. 3rd time must be a charm. It's working way better than the previous ones I had. Some lag compared to my One and OG Pro but tolerable. Pics are awesome compared to my One. Slightly better than the Pro. I must retract previous bad talk of this phone. 3 great phones. Its a geeat time to be a phone junky :)

Sent from one of many using Tapatalk 4 beta

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry this is a thread about how you are enjoying the SGS4 NOT why you have switched to the One or what you didn't like. There are plenty of other threads for that, so why do you feel the need to add to a thread that plainly is for current SGS4 owners and users that want to praise the phone, nothing more or less. No need to take the thread off topic in the way you have!

Thank you. I just don't think he gets it.

Last edited:

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Best phone I've ever owned. Can't think of a single problem besides the keyboard (my hands are huge) not picking up the right keys. Other than that, quality device.

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Again for the 3rd time I "apologize". Like I said I'm on gang turff and I apparently stepped into the wrong back yard and now gun shots are popping off .. I responded to a post that was tittled "anyone else" regarding a phone I owned.. that phone happens to be a gs4, and if that little bit of reasoning why I did or did not like it based on my "contentment" was offensive than for the 4th time "I apologize".. sorry if the real world is not filled with unicorns and glitter.. there are other people that weren't content with there gs4..I happen to be one of them... Please put you guns away and continue with your worship and praise.... And for a 5th time "I apologize"