I properly synced my new S4 to my car (2012 Prius Gen III - Package IV) and refreshed my phone book. All contacts are shown on my car's display. Out going calls work fine and I can use voice command to dial by name and all the proper details and picture of my contact show up on the screen for outgoing calls. However, if I receive an incoming call from the same exact contact, it shows up with this message "incoming call from unknown". If I later go into my call history, it shows that call with the proper phone number so I know my car is able to match the phone number with the contact. I think the issue must relate to the S4 not properly pushing the phone number or caller id to my car when it gets a new incoming call.

Here is the strange part, my old phone (Droid X) running ICS had no problems syncing with my car and both incoming and outgoing calls would show the proper contact person on the display screen.

I just synced my wife's iphone 5 to the car and both outgoing and incoming calls are displayed just fine.

Based on this, my assumption is there is a problem syncing with Galaxy S4 and/or perhaps the bluetooth version with 4.2.2.

Thanks for any help.

update: could be a 4.2.2 issue as others seem to have bluetooth issues:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...t-working.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...e-dialing.html
    05-31-2013 06:23 AM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? My wife just got a new S4 phone after so many years with an android 2.x. Now she hates it because the caller id on the car doesn't work.
    Thanks
    08-14-2013 12:21 PM
    My wife has a 2012 Prius and my S4 has no issue connecting and it displays the caller ID information.
    08-14-2013 01:12 PM
    Huh. Everything but caller id works for us. She can call out thru voice dial. But when I call her the Prius says call from unknown caller. We can look at the phone book on the Prius and see the number in my record. Even more, when we look at the log on the prius it shows the call with my name. Its just the caller id when the call comes in that doesn't work.

we tried only having one number per contact. We tried both having the contact only be in google as well as only on the device/phone. We tried deleting the number then re-entering it then updating the phone book. Cant figure out how to make it work.

other info. It is a sprint S4 phone got last week. My wife did upgrade from a 3yr old htc phone that was android and did work.
    08-14-2013 01:56 PM