Few weeks back there was alot of fuss from online bloggers about how Samsung was bad for Google, and that it was worried about Samsung's dominate market share. Well this is contrary to what Sundar Pichai head of android thinks.

Sundar Pichai states theyre a very close partner. We enjoy a very close working relationship. We actually owe a lot of success, in Android, to what theyve done.
    Today, I see a pretty symbiotic relationship, and we intend to keep it that way.
    From the D11 interview's on All Things D recently. Its a good listen.

Also some people were worried about Samsung ditching Android for its own Os. While this doesn't completely disprove that happening, from the statements above I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
    05-31-2013 06:49 AM
    Few weeks back there was alot of fuss from online bloggers about how Samsung was bad for Google, and that it was worried about Samsung's dominate market share. Well this is contrary to what Sundar Pichai head of android thinks.

Sundar Pichai states theyre a very close partner. We enjoy a very close working relationship. We actually owe a lot of success, in Android, to what theyve done.
    Today, I see a pretty symbiotic relationship, and we intend to keep it that way.
    From the D11 interview's on All Things D recently. Its a good listen.

Also some people were worried about Samsung ditching Android for its own Os. While this doesn't completely disprove that happening, from the statements above I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
    Since it was the Android operating system that got them these results why on earth would they go proprietary?

Samsung Electronics Co. (005930.SE) on Friday said its first-quarter profit rose 42% to a record high on strong smartphone sales. The South Korean company said net profit for the three months ended March 31 rose to a record 7.15 trillion won ($6.4 billion),
    05-31-2013 07:12 AM