06-10-2017 09:07 PM
46 12
tools
    I seemed to encounter the same problem after I switched from a Note 2 to my new Note 3. I narrowed the problem down to Rogers 1 Contacts. After disabling 1 Contacts, everything seemed to go back to normal. Hope this helps someone else.
    ChuckeeDroid likes this.
    10-27-2013 04:34 PM
    Its the way Entune communicate with Android OS issue. My old phone was using Andriod 2.*.* it was working fine. Later updated my phone to S4 with Andriod 4.* the issue you are describing appeared. (same provider). Now I am using Nexus 5 with Andriod 4.4 same issue continues. I am convinced its the crappy Entune communication with Andriod. My guess is if I upgrade car firmware to Entune 2.2.2. it might work who knows. That is in my todo list next.
    Please let us know if If anyone updated their car Entune (car firmware) and any resolution to this issue?

Thanks,

Sean
    11-11-2013 10:35 AM
    I got a exactly same problem. I think it not ROM or Version problem. It's result of screw up some Apps you installed I believe.
    In my case, I rooted and intalled some voice recording apps. After that it happened.
    I tried restore to factory reset several times using Kies. Didn't work at all.
    I also flashed with stock rom and failed too.
    The last one I did was just erase all data to factory reset menu on the phone itself.
    Just push and hold Vol-Up + Home + Power 10 secs, when you see Samsung Logo then let go the powerbutton only with keep holding other 2 buttons.
    You'll see tiny text menus on top of the screen and find something like Factory Reset and Erase All Data.
    This let your device back to the factory reset.
    And then you can restore with wharever you backed-up files.
    I finally fixed it in this way.
    11-21-2013 09:52 AM
    I seemed to encounter the same problem after I switched from a Note 2 to my new Note 3. I narrowed the problem down to Rogers 1 Contacts. After disabling 1 Contacts, everything seemed to go back to normal. Hope this helps someone else.
    This fixed my problem. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    11-21-2013 11:06 AM
    THANKS!!! This also resolved my issues.
    I tried reinstaling 3 differente roms and I was sure it was an issue caused by the rom (2.4 stock for gt-i9505) but the factory reset MUCH to my surprise resolved what even clean installs of new ROMs did not.
    thanks!
    m
    11-30-2013 03:17 PM
    i got the newest version of entune installed in my camry, and i think that fixed the issue. i've only received one call so far but the number showed up. if anything changes, i'll give an update.
    12-02-2013 06:10 PM
    I recently upgraded my phone from galaxy S3 to note3. Ever since I connected Bluetooth to my 2012 Toyota camry, all incoming calls displayed "unknown" until I accept the calls. The phone number will show when accepting calls and the name of my contact for that phone # will show in the call logs after the call is ended. I never had that problem with my galaxy S3. I called Samsung and they directed me to Toyota. I called Toyota and they said it's not their problem. I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
    03-05-2014 12:56 PM
    I recently upgraded my phone from galaxy S3 to note3. Ever since I connected Bluetooth to my 2012 Toyota camry, all incoming calls displayed "unknown" until I accept the calls. The phone number will show when accepting calls and the name of my contact for that phone # will show in the call logs after the call is ended. I never had that problem with my galaxy S3. I called Samsung and they directed me to Toyota. I called Toyota and they said it's not their problem. I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
    Are you on Sprint service and how long have you noticed this problem? I'm asking because ever since yesterday whenever I call someone my name is not displaying either, only my number they may be having some network issues.
    03-05-2014 01:13 PM
    My carrier is AT&T and that problem is there since I bought the phone 2 months ago.
    03-05-2014 01:31 PM
    Not sure if we are experiencing the same problem, but I just bought a galaxy note 3--switching from iPhone 4s. I can NOT get my bluetooth (motorola Finiti) to say the names of the callers through my headset. If I put the phone on handsfree mode it will announce the name of the caller through my phone--for all to hear--but NOT through my bluetooth. I disabled svoice and installed Motospeak and that is a much better bluetooth program but still there is no caller ID recognition on my bluetooth. But at least it gets 99% of the name correct and doesn't ask me a million questions before it FINALLY decides to do what I asked it to do! Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to process, that is when it doesn't tell me that it can't find a network connection! Arrrrgggg!

I have done quite a bit of research into this issue as I LIVE on my bluetooth and rarely touch my phone and what I have found out is that there are 2 different systems for voice. One for the phone and one for bluetooth and they are NOT integrated. So as far as I can tell, there is NO WAY using the Galaxy 4 or the Note 3 to have bluetooth Caller ID. As I recall, I had the same problem with my first Droid years ago and that is why I switched to the iphone which works seamlessly with my bluetooth--tells me who's calling through my headset and if I want to answer or ignore. So for now at least, the only way to have your caller ID working is to set phone to hands free and while you are flying down the highway at 70 MPH at a quick gander at your phone to see who is calling...OR just listen as your phone tells the entire room or office who is calling you, because it won't do it through your bluetooth headset!

I would LOVE to hear from someone who actually has a remedy to this problem and not a guess! If ANYONE out there has a NOTE 3 or a S4 and has successfully had their caller SPEAK the name of the caller into their EAR--please tell me the secret!!!
    03-18-2014 10:57 PM
    I just upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a Galaxy S5 (2 days ago) and my 2012 Camry has the exact same problem! When I receive calls from anyone, in my contact list or not, the caller is displayed as "unknown" until I accept the call. Wish I had a suggestion BeverlyN, if you figure it out please post what you did, I'll do the same!

Let me be clear, I've had my Camry since May 2012, had my Galaxy S3 at that time, and calls from any of my Contacts displayed name and number on my Entune display. Since this past Saturday when I upgraded to my S5, all my calls are "unknown". No changes to carrier (Verizon), only to a new phone.

UPDATE: My S5 and the Note are too new for the 2012 Camry to display all information. Googled Entune 2012 Camry and found a pdf that lists all supported phones.
    04-14-2014 10:24 AM
    Having the same issue. I upgraded from a droid incredible to a note 3 (android 4.3). Everything else sync's and works great with my 2012 toyota prius c. But when i receive a call they show as "unknown". I've tried every combination of spaces, ( ) and hyphens and 1. I also manually removed all google contacts and added them directly to the phone. But nothing works! I remember upgrading the cars firmware manually with a usb drive i got in the mail once, and a the 2nd update auto downloaded. This sucks, thanks samsung and toyota.
    04-15-2014 11:49 PM
    Mayjbe it's a carrier issue. I know for my phone, if I don't have name display, it doesn't matter if the names are programmed in contacts, it won't show them and only show the numbers.

For Rogers in Canada, there's two separate features to add-on: Call display and Name display. Call display shows the numbers coming in but no names, and name display shows the name and number. However, you have to pay $12 extra per month to use them. Highway robbery if you ask me.
    04-16-2014 10:35 PM
    So i was able to finally solve my issue. Apparently there have been numerous Toyota Entune updates since the last over the air update (2.1). For whatever reason, every update after that had to be done via USB at the dealership without informing us customers of their availability, i'm now on 3.2 and am no longer having caller id issue over bluetooth.

Btw, i do not recommend going to the dealership for this 3 min update. The USB is locked up with the service department shop manager, and if he goes home early during the week or doesnt work on weekends you will waste a trip like I did. Just search on google for "toyota entune 3.2 update" and you will find a toyotanation forum post that has the update files for download.

Hope this helps some of you.
    BeverlyN likes this.
    04-23-2014 08:55 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I have a 2012 Toyota Highlander. My Galaxy S3 worked perfectly. I just swapped the S3 for an S5, and now all incoming calls say "caller unknown" until i answer the phone, when it shows the contact info.
    05-03-2014 06:14 AM
    I finally got my issue resolved by following Cottonballs' instructions. Thank you so much Cottonballs! I just installed the new version of entune 3.2 today, my previous one was 2.1. I've so busy and did not follow up with the posting here. I wish I got that fixed earlier. I suggest ddgilli24 to try these instructions too. The time it took to download those two files was about 35 minutes but it's well worth. I finally got my caller ID displayed for incoming calls and outgoing calls.
    06-19-2014 06:11 PM
    I can't see pictures of who is calling. Even though I paid for it
    07-30-2014 02:35 PM
    Anyone have the 3.2 update file? It's been pulled down.
    11-22-2014 04:27 PM
    please mujay koi bta de k koi aisi android ki app hai jis se ham aghar call karayn to number he show ho aghar contact main wo number save b na ho
    11-01-2015 03:53 AM
    i have SAMSUNG S6 EDGE , i am nw experiencing problem when i receive incoming call from india there is no country code (91)instead its showing foe eg +9555551110 anyone help me find a solution
    12-15-2015 02:24 AM
    It's not just the Samsung Galaxy's becuz I have an LG V10 it's doing the same thing so it's probably the software
    06-10-2017 09:07 PM
46 12