My samsung galaxys s4 won't charge ??? help :c

jojowoodo

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So i bought a samsung galaxy s4 last week, and so far i was really impressed by it. but today when i
woke up i saw that it was almost dead.
So i thought that i forgot to put it in the charger, but i didnt. it was connected correctly but it wasent charging.
So i put the charger out-and then in again but now it only vibrates every 10 seconds then it shuts itself down.
It shows a picture of like a buffer inside the battery (you know like those from youtube) this one looks slightly different but it shows everytime i plug inte the charger a picture of the battery and like a buffer inside it, then it turns itself off and then on again and it keeps repeating every 10 seconds it keeps vibrating when it starts.
I dont know whats wrong? so i put the charger in it vibrates the gray picture of the battery shows up (with the buffer) , then it fades away?? i dont understand last night it was charging and working prefectly.
So i just wont charge, so whats the problem. PLEASE HELP it costed me alot of money and it would be sad if it broke now...what should i do??? help :( :'(

jojowoodo

May 31, 2013
Visit site
yes im using exactly the same charger as i got with it, and i have tried my friends too.
And no it wont charge in the car either, it only charges when its plugged into the computer and it charges really slow, like 1 % an hour :/

Omar Dendroff

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same exact problem, my charger is obviously in good condition as i bought my phone only about a week and a half ago. i tested it with my friends s4 and it charges fine on his, but i cant charge it on mine, seems like the only way around to charge my phone is when i charge it using the computer with the usb cable.
when my phone is turned on, i cant charge it at all, only when its turned off and when i connect it to my computer it'll charge, the only way now, is it a software problem or simply something faulty... need help!!! thanksss

haakaak

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem today in the morning

I had a update on the on My S4 Yesterdag in the morning

Maby is someting here???

haakaak

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
When I turn off my S4 and plug in the charger. The phone behaves the same as jojowoodo describes. But when it has been left in the charger for a while so the phone actually been charged. When I turn it on, but it runs very slowly.

I plugged in the USB PlayStaion to see if your phone charged. When I see the battery% rise, but the phone shows no signs that it is charging. In the settings on the battery it shows "no charge"

I see that there are many who have this problem. This must be a bug in the software

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
N?r eg sl?r av min S4 og plugger i laderen. Telefonen oppf?rer seg likt som jojowoodo beskriver. Men n?r det har st?tt i laderen en stund s? har telefonen faktisk blitt ladet. N?r jeg sl?r den p?, Men det g?r veldig seint.

Jeg plugget USB i Playstaionen for se om telefonen ladet. D? ser eg at batteri % stiger, men telefonen viser ingen tegn til at den lader. I innstillinger p? batteri viser det "ingen lading"

Jeg ser at det er mange som har dette problemet. Dette m? v?re en programfeil i software

When I turn off my S4 and plug in the charger. The phone behaves the same as jojowoodo describes. But when it has been left in the charger for a while so the phone actually been charged. When I turn it on, but it runs very slowly.

I plugged in the USB PlayStaion to see if your phone charged. When I see the battery% rise, but the phone shows no signs that it is charging. In the settings on the battery it shows "no charge"

I see that there are many who have this problem. This must be a bug in the software

Translated using Google Translate by Moderator

Seanna Hayes

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it has something to do with magnets? My phone is doing the exact same thing and the only thing I can think of is that I accidently kept my hotel key card in the same purse as my phone. Ive heard that this can sometimes demagnatize the key card but maybe it can also hurt the phone/battery?

Sacha7905

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the latest update for your phone? Can you transfer data through your cable(drag music and pictures from your computer onto your s4)? If you can, there might be a problem with the battery itself, and not the cable/usb. Make sure none of the pins on the cable are missing/bent.

Abhi Singh1

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I got the same same problem with my S4. It shows a picture of like a buffer inside the battery (you know like those from youtube) this one looks slightly different but it shows everytime i plug inte the charger a picture of the battery and like a buffer inside it, then it turns itself off and then on again and it keeps repeating every 10 seconds it keeps vibrating when it starts.
I dont know whats wrong? so i put the charger in it vibrates the gray picture of the battery shows up (with the buffer) , then it fades away?? Kindly help me out if any one solve that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance