I just got my phone a couple days ago, and I'm noticing my phone tends to get very warm (enough to make your palms start sweating) when I'm NOT using any heavy apps (games, hd videos, benchmarks, etc). I'm talking about just general usage, such as using the internet app (stock and google chrome), browsing Reddit on reddit is fun, using gmail, texting, etc. I have no other problems with the phone. My old phone, iPhone 3GS didn't really get hot unless I was playing games or charging the battery, which is why I thought this was unusual. Did I just get a defective unit with heat problems or is this a common issue with SG4. I am using the snapdragon 600 model, with telus.
    05-31-2013 11:53 PM
    I just got my phone a couple days ago, and I'm noticing my phone tends to get very warm (enough to make your palms start sweating) when I'm NOT using any heavy apps (games, hd videos, benchmarks, etc). I'm talking about just general usage, such as using the internet app (stock and google chrome), browsing Reddit on reddit is fun, using gmail, texting, etc. I have no other problems with the phone. My old phone, iPhone 3GS didn't really get hot unless I was playing games or charging the battery, which is why I thought this was unusual. Did I just get a defective unit with heat problems or is this a common issue with SG4. I am using the snapdragon 600 model, with telus.
    My 1st S4 did the same thing. My wife and I got our S4's at the same time. I noticed mine would get very hot even when I was not really doing anything on it. It was getting hot at the top of the phone.

I took mine back to the store, explained what was happening and they gave me a brand new phone. I have had this phone for 3 weeks now and so far no problems and my wife's has had no problems either.

I would say take it back and get a new one.
    06-01-2013 03:56 AM
    thanks for the reply. what did you say to the store representative? how did you show the person that it was actually heating up? I'm not even sure if i can get a in-store replacement because i ordered online.

- - - Updated - - -

My 1st S4 did the same thing. My wife and I got our S4's at the same time. I noticed mine would get very hot even when I was not really doing anything on it. It was getting hot at the top of the phone.

I took mine back to the store, explained what was happening and they gave me a brand new phone. I have had this phone for 3 weeks now and so far no problems and my wife's has had no problems either.

I would say take it back and get a new one.
    thanks for the reply. what did you say to the store representative? how did you show the person that it was actually heating up? I'm not even sure if i can get a in-store replacement because i ordered online.
    06-01-2013 02:41 PM