What I don't like about the S4. What's your list?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to reboot your phone to pick up a better signal. I don't have that problem only at certain places, sometimes in a restaurant and I use the app "Fresh Network" works like a charm, refreshes network quickly and gives me best signal. I disabled svoice, I find it useless. Nothing else really seems to bother me at all. If you hate the phone that much maybe you should look into the HTC one. We all have different needs with phones.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

Couldn't find this app. Found an app called Network Refresher (trial, lite, & pro versions). Is that the one?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I think jokouft1 is spot on. You can pick flaws in any phone.

Take the iPhone 5 and iOS, which are both still great. But I used to think the iOS Home button was great, taking me to the Home screen, which would always be the first page to the left.

But now I've realised after switching to the S4, which is my first Andriod, that (a) it's better to be able to select your own Home page and (b) have the middle page as the Home page, so you "flick" fewer pages to get to my desired page.

My only real niggle is that app menus could be a little more consistent and intuitive, but that's probably more due to apps being developed and designed for multiple phones of different sizes and form factors.

That issue though is very likely to iron itself out as manufacturers hone in on a prime form factor and size.

But as jokout1 says, each to their own. Just my 2 cents.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to reboot your phone to pick up a better signal. I don't have that problem only at certain places, sometimes in a restaurant and I use the app "Fresh Network" works like a charm, refreshes network quickly and gives me best signal. I disabled svoice, I find it useless. Nothing else really seems to bother me at all. If you hate the phone that much maybe you should look into the HTC one. We all have different needs with phones.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

This sounds like an awesome app

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Huh, the only complaint I have is TouchWiz. Thank god for CM10.1 nightlies! (I don't bring this baby with me and I won't until an RC or a stable build is available. Until then, I use my SGSII as a daily driver.)

Posted via Android Central App

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
That's the beauty of Android. If you don't like Touch wiz, you've got plenty of choices, be it CM or the Apex or Nova launcher.

Personally I quite like Touchwiz having tried Nova and Apex launchers. Although Nova and Apex are much "snappier" I prefer the overall look and feel of TW, which is responsive enough for me.

jhlrbt1333

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Good evening Paulwog, if you download Alarmdroid from the play store you will be able to lower volume down to zero & still have the alarm go off at an intensity of your choice. You can even enable the alarm settings to create a custom message to wake up to.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Almost all those can be fixed except for the Dim light and Battery which I do agree..I'll give u some solutions

- You can switch the camera modes to be side by side by pressing the "4 squares" button when u click mode
- As for your reception, u DO NOT have to turn ur phone on and off, just put it on Airplane mode for like 5 seconds and turn Airplane Mode off, that should reset your network
- Use Google Now instead of S-Voice
- Low light I agree, but its not THAT big of a difference if u mess with the settings
- Wallpapers, use Wallbase or PicSpeed for HD wallpapers
- As for sound toggling, get "AudioManager Pro" which lets u set all volumes down or up with just one button
- The only thing that turns the screen on is the stock messenger, which can be fixed by using a 3rd party messenger
- Signal Strength issue is more of an area thing than the phone I think, I have pretty good signal strength
- Battery Life, there are plenty ways to extend to get 4+ hrs of screen time, or you can get an extended battery

If you have any more issues, I can try and assist u with them

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Great phone, needs 32 gigs of memory on release day, larger battery, and ability to see the screen in bright daylight. Other than that it is a fine phone.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am so excited for the Note 3. If it is anything like the S4 is to the S3 (bigger screen, better resolution, thinner, smaller bezel, lighter, better processor) I'll be in love!

I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Great phone, needs 32 gigs of memory on release day, larger battery, and ability to see the screen in bright daylight. Other than that it is a fine phone.

I agree it needs some software updates to help with lag and other stuff but still a good phone, as far as screen in sunlight there's a app called lux lite that really helps make it brighter and don't affect my batt

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone I miss the standard luck screen notifications. There seems to be no standard or even an attempt at anything standard for Android.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone I miss the standard luck screen notifications. There seems to be no standard or even an attempt at anything standard for Android.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Finding things you miss is a search field away with Android.... :). May not be "standard" but at least Android has the apps to usually do what you want with your phone.. Just takes more setup because some people might hate their notifications showing on their lock screen (like me). I personally like the icon at the top left per application and I'll take a look as needed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/274692-lockscreen-notification-solution.html

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't find this app. Found an app called Network Refresher (trial, lite, & pro versions). Is that the one?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

When I first searched for this app, it popped up and I downloaded it. I just went back to get you the link, but now the app that pops up is called Network Signal Speed Booster. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=OXBjnfaC

I think it's the same app, but I'm not completely sure. In the description, it says, "Fresh Network has been coded with the latest Android API insuring the best and most recent development in the Android World", so I think it's the same. Hopefully Gummyjelly can confirm this.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I don't have a lot of issues for the most part it's an awesome device but if you want a list here it is

I still have overheating problems

There is still the text smearing when scrolling

Some earphones will have a small static sound every now and again

Camera is very god but it takes that extra half second before it snaps the picture I'm used to the quick snap of my camera and ipod touch, but pics are excellent

Connectivity issues also in certain places which may or may not be the device but it's happening too often even right now I'm on my wifi at home because I could not connect

Hut honestly it is an awesome device it just needs to workout a couple of small kinks

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
--It does run a bit warm. That concerns me a little in terms of life of the innards and the SD card, especially when there's a case on it, which I would bet increases the heat.

--I had to buy a widget pack to get the type of multi-day weather widget HTC used to provide. That's a whole $1.99 but still....

Other than that, I'm awfully happy.

NB: I certainly agree with battery issues, but as noted in another thread, battery tech is not keeping up with devices. Battery complaints are par for the course with small devices. This is not unique to S4 or Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae