Verbatim 32 Gb SD card fails!

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
My 32 Gb Verbatim SD card failed. There was a warning message today with no option to unmount the card. I powered off, reinserted and nothing. I took SD card out and used adapter with my PC but it looks fried. Bummer as I spent quite a bit of time putting stuff on it! Any other experiences with this type/make of SD card?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've only had issues with SanDisk ones... but they've acknowledged the issue and if your card was manufactured before December 2012 (apparently they fixed the chips to work with newer Samsung devices since) they'll replace the card.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have only used Sandisk and Samsung micro SD's without issue. I know I am a bit OCD but I back up my card to computer every month. In fact since today is the first, I will do it today. Too many pictures and videos of the kids to lose.

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the comments. I just returned the SD card (Staples) and decided to get a direct replacement. I had used ~ 16 Gb of the 32 capacity but the content was mainly stuff copied from a laptop so luckily backup wasn't a problem and my default storage (for photos etc. taken with the S4) was internal storage so didn't loose anything. After that sober wake-up call (card failed after ~ 4 weeks), I'll start by making an exact folder replica on my laptop called "SDCard" and cpy to the SD. If it fails again, it will be easy to replace. I have 3 backups of really important stuff: laptop, Seagate 1 Tb Wireless PLus and a few 250 Gb WD drives.
I wonder about that S4 SD card socket ... it just seems slightly flaky in terms of a really good electrical contact but maybe I'm just getting mopre paranoid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital