Samsung Galaxy S4 Sales Boom

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
"The Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone went on sale the last week of April across 327 networks in 155 countries. The GS4 is reported to be flying off the shelves and is the top-selling phone at 57% of the stores that are carrying the consumer favorite. In fact, the closest smartphone in the sales race is Samsung?s own Galaxy S3, the predecessor to the new model, with Apple Inc.?s (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone in third place.."

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This is a great phone and I'm excited it's selling well. But in surprised that I have yet to see anyone else with the s4. Must of my friends carry iPhone and the random people I meet have old androids or iPhone.

Has anyone else spotted an s4 in the wild?

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
This is a great phone and I'm excited it's selling well. But in surprised that I have yet to see anyone else with the s4. Must of my friends carry iPhone and the random people I meet have old androids or iPhone.

I have seen a couple out there. Quite a few friends of mine uses samsung. And if my friends do use iPhone. I try to convince them to switch to android...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

There are approximately 316 million people in the US according to the latest census. Let's throw out half that number to account for people who can't or won't buy a smart phone. That leaves approximately 158 million people. If 5 million people here in the US have bought a Galaxy S4 that would mean approximately one in every 32 people would be carrying an S4. So it's not surprising you aren't seeing many people with an S4. Also, the iPhone (all the models) has been around a lot longer than the S4 and probably outsells the S4 in the US.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Trying to use the share feature huh? Lol! I have not seen one either. Seeing a lot of Note 2's and S3's and iphones...

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
There are approximately 316 million people in the US according to the latest census. Let's throw out half that number to account for people who can't or won't buy a smart phone. That leaves approximately 158 million people. If 5 million people here in the US have bought a Galaxy S4 that would mean approximately one in every 32 people would be carrying an S4. So it's not surprising you aren't seeing many people with an S4. Also, the iPhone (all the models) has been around a lot longer than the S4 and probably outsells the S4 in the US.

Given enough time you will see iPhone users drop and switch to an android, slowly but surely, bc alot of people are still tied to a contract. My wife and I are prime examples. I used android previously, had the G1 on Tmo, but the network here was so bad I switched out for an iPhone on ATT. Now im back on android and simply loving it. After I switched my wife switched after playing with my Note 2. She now has the Note 2 and from her own words she loves the Note 2 more than iPhone. I'm not saying iPhone is a bad phone or anything. It is a great phone but it does have alot of limitations on customization. I had to teach my wife alot of things on customizations and she has her Note 2 customized the way she wanted.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38