Hi peeps,

I moved from a lumia 920 to the SGS4 and like the s4. The phone is light, battery life is good compared to my old Lumia 920.

The only thing that does annoy me is the slight delay I get when I select for eg. Call log or Contacts from the home page for the first time.

I've tried a few suggestions online but no joy.

Anyone else notice and is there a fix?

Thanks
    06-01-2013 12:06 PM
    Ive tried the windows animation and s-voice tricks but still get a delay when i open call log, contacts or messages for the first time. The lag isnt there if i do not clear these from the running apps list.

What could be causing this issue?
    06-03-2013 09:48 AM
    Man I don't know what to tell you as I have the same "issue", but for me is not real an issue, why?, because I expect this and I'm used to it coming from my GS2 and using my wife's GS3 and previous MyTouch 4G. Why I expect this kind of behavior? simple, the phone is looking for ALL your contacts and/or your Calls Log to bring that info, it takes less than a second, and finally get it done, again, that's the way I'm used to it and for me it has never been an issue, I can wait that second, that I know that by definitions it's called lag, but as you can see lag means different to everybody, and not mentioning people complaining about lag on messaging app, well, for me is simple because of the above combined with the option to delete messages if the amount is greater than whatever you decide, for me the app is simply doing the calculation right when you try to open it, then it is by definition, lagging.

If you want to know what do I call lag?, Well, take my Asus Transformer Infinity T700 and then I can explain you what is lag, coming from sleep mode, opening keyboards, while accessing Play Store and worst, when Updating Apps...

So for me my GS4 is as close as perfection as it can be, by far, the best smartphone I've had coming from 3 Blackberrys, 3 iPhones and 4 previous Androids.
    orion575 likes this.
    06-03-2013 10:55 AM
    Really surprised that such a powerful phone would having this annoying lag. Apart from this issue, the phone is superb. Battery life is impressive, I never need to charge it at work after a full nights charge.

There's got to be a fix?

I tried the nova launcher but the lag I see is still evident.
    06-03-2013 11:40 AM