I'm on the S4 for AT&T. I'm using Launcher Pro Plus. This is solely what I want and I
    know I'm missing something through the settings:

I would like to see who has texted me in my drop-down bar with the name without
    showing the actual text. Same goes for the lock-screen. When I set up in the settings
    for no preview of a text, all the lock screen and drop-down will show is "Text Message"
    without even showing the sender. If I set it up to show, it shows the sender and the
    message itself.

I'd prefer that my lockscreen only lights up and shows me the text icon in the status
    bar and that my drop-down menu show me the name of the person without the text.
    What do I need to do? I haven't used Android in well over a year. Help would be greatly
    appreciated.
    06-01-2013 12:51 PM
    Turn on the preview in the messaging app. Then download an app called "Lockscreen Policy", and run that. From there you can turn off the Lockscreen notification.

No idea how to just show the name with no text in the status bar.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-01-2013 01:05 PM
    It should be a setting in whatever messaging app you're using. For example I am using chomp SMS and under that apps Settings -> Notifications-> Privacy tab you can choose Hide Name or Hide Text or Hide Name and Text. You can also turn off the quick reply popup.
    06-01-2013 03:29 PM
    Turn on the preview in the messaging app. Then download an app called "Lockscreen Policy", and run that. From there you can turn off the Lockscreen notification.

No idea how to just show the name with no text in the status bar.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks. I'm going to try that. I can live with the drop down showing the text more than the lock screen showing it.
    06-01-2013 03:31 PM