Corrupted pictures

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a few pictures that are getting corrupted. I have a 32gb class 10 sd card. Can't remember the brand. I formatted the card when I first got the phone. The thumbnail displays properly but when I open the picture half of it is a solid gray color. It isn't happening right away. The file uploads to Dropbox fine but it then gets corrupted. Anyone having this problem?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you are saying the picture is corrupted when viewing the file on the sd?
and if you send it to drop box it is corrupt when viewed in dropbox?

take a photo and save to the phone not the card and see what happens

Kyren

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue.
PNY 32 GB Class 10. Dropbox photos are fine, while those on the sd are becoming corrupted.

If the corrupted file is opened via photoshop, the following message appears:
"This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete). Continue?"

Here's a comparison:
S4_Corrupted_Images

mhynek

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing with a card I've never ever had problems with. I've stopped using my sd as my default storage choice till something gets figured out.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me this past week. A couple days later I kept getting a notification that the memory card was unmounted and mounted again over and over until the memory card went completely bad. The card was only a month old...

It it wierd that I have had memory cards for years and they never went bad. I replaced it for now with a back up from my wife's old palm pixi, which was a hand me down from an old palm treo of mine.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers