06-17-2013 02:57 PM
68 123
tools
    So this battery app needs GPS and location services on 24/7 to run it? Even with this on it still improves the battery life?
    A common misconception is that these eat your battery if left on...but the fact is that GPS and other location services really only consume power *when in use*. To answer your question though, even though this app does require them to remain on, yes, it still improves battery use.
    06-03-2013 10:15 AM
    I leave all location services on, screen is on auto and I get 6 hours screen time minimum everyday.
    What about "Background Location Reporting," "Latitude Location Sharing" and "Location History" from Maps>Settings>Location Settings? Do you still have that stuff on or is some, or all of it disabled?
    06-03-2013 11:44 AM
    What about "Background Location Reporting," "Latitude Location Sharing" and "Location History" from Maps>Settings>Location Settings? Do you still have that stuff on or is some, or all of it disabled?
    Didn't even know that stuff was there. I just checked and it is all enabled.
    06-03-2013 12:20 PM
    Didn't even know that stuff was there. I just checked and it is all enabled.
    That's very interesting. That stuff sucked about 20% of my total battery capacity for the day when it was on. I'll have to check out the SnapDragon Guru app to see if it can get me the same type of battery performance with that stuff on.
    06-03-2013 12:39 PM
    That's very interesting. That stuff sucked about 20% of my total battery capacity for the day when it was on. I'll have to check out the SnapDragon Guru app to see if it can get me the same type of battery performance with that stuff on.
    I currently have this installed on my HTC One. I did a lot of research VIA the youtube videos when it was in beta. A lot of people seemed to like the results. I have 1 more day of it learning then I will see how it works. I guess it will stop certain services from running that are no needed through out the day. Sounds promising but we will see! Good luck!
    06-03-2013 12:54 PM
    Well I installed the program. We'll see how it works. Maps has been taking up about 25% of my battery so maybe it will help that.
    06-03-2013 12:59 PM
    Well I installed the program. We'll see how it works. Maps has been taking up about 25% of my battery so maybe it will help that.
    It should. I guess if you leave your GPS on it will only allow it to update when it needs to. Along side when real apps use it. Like I use Yelp! A lot or even maps when you need directions. I could be wrong and I'm sure you can turn that functionality off as well.
    06-03-2013 01:05 PM
    More screenshots today just as I broke the 3 hour screen time mark. Today was the first time that I enabled the turn off mobile data power boost option just to try it. Judging by the numbers it looks like that should push me into 7 hours of screen time today. Here is a copy of an email that I got from the SnapDragon Guru guys asking about the data option. The first response from is an answer about using the Samsung power saving setting.....I have every other option on except the Samsung gesture garbage. I used google maps for directions on a 45 minute drive this morning along with web surfing, texting, email, youtube and other normal stuff. Before SnapDragon Guru this same activity would have almost drained my battery.

Hi Kevin,

1. Ideally you shouldnt have another power saving application running at the same time.

2. If you choose inactivity timeout, you will still receive Phone calls and SMS messages.

Good luck!

The Snapdragon BatteryGuru Team
    Attached Thumbnails Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-03-13-06-50.jpg   Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-03-13-06-57.jpg   Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-03-13-07-09.jpg   Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-03-13-08-55.jpg  
    06-03-2013 01:24 PM
    More screenshots today just as I broke the 3 hour screen time mark. Today was the first time that I enabled the turn off mobile data power boost option just to try it. Judging by the numbers it looks like that should push me into 7 hours of screen time today. Here is a copy of an email that I got from the SnapDragon Guru guys asking about the data option. The first response from is an answer about using the Samsung power saving setting.....I have every other option on except the Samsung gesture garbage. I used google maps for directions on a 45 minute drive this morning along with web surfing, texting, email, youtube and other normal stuff. Before SnapDragon Guru this same activity would have almost drained my battery.

Hi Kevin,

1. Ideally you shouldnt have another power saving application running at the same time.

2. If you choose inactivity timeout, you will still receive Phone calls and SMS messages.

Good luck!

The Snapdragon BatteryGuru Team
    What kind of battery life were you getting before using Snapdragon guru?
    06-03-2013 03:00 PM
    What kind of battery life were you getting before using Snapdragon guru?
    I dont think that I ever broke 5 hour's screen time before. But I wasnt watching that close until I started going dead before I left work.....now its between 6 and 8 everyday running it down just for these forum posts is difficult.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-03-2013 03:05 PM
    It just seems to me that the guys at snapdragon took ot upon themselves to fix something that Samsung broke. This app must be doing more than throttling apps. Whatever it is doing its doing it doing it very well.

06-03-2013 03:10 PM
    Just got out of the learning stage. Hopefully I'll be getting the kind of battery life you're getting.
    06-03-2013 03:12 PM
    Just got out of the learning stage. Hopefully I'll be getting the kind of battery life you're getting.
    Cool. It will be interesting get other peoples feedback. I am actually thinking that this app is doing other things behind the scenes because I am running the crap out of this phone and it keeps getting betrer. I don't even have the lag that I was experiencing the first couple of days anymore. I traded for 10 minutes with a girl in my office today and her gs4 felt sluggish compared to mine when running chrome. At this rate I may even turn the gimmiky gestures back on to see if I can get over 6 hours with them.

06-03-2013 03:22 PM
    I've turned all the novelties off including disabling most of the google apps and i still got like 3 and a half hour screen time max
    06-03-2013 03:43 PM
    Just installed it on my device and will report back with results as well. Battery life has been good for me so far. I am interested to see if this app helps though.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    06-03-2013 04:03 PM
    Less than one day left learning.

Battery life has been worse than ever these past couple of days. After disabling additional bloatware (via app manager), turning on the no data when inactive thing, I conked out at 3:15 of screen time. Ugh.
    06-04-2013 11:03 AM

Battery life has been worse than ever these past couple of days. After disabling additional bloatware (via app manager), turning on the no data when inactive thing, I conked out at 3:15 of screen time. Ugh.
    Huh...thats strange.

06-04-2013 06:29 PM

My screen time is worse too. Hopefully it gets better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-04-2013 06:39 PM
    My screen time is worse too. Hopefully it gets better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Damn....mine was better right from the get go with snapdragon. Good luck.

06-04-2013 06:53 PM
    Excited. Learning period just ended an hour ago. Over the last day and a half my battery I've ever had on a phone. Died today on four hours of screen time. Hopefully with Snapdragon Guru I'll be getting better results. Excited to see how it works and how quickly it does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    06-04-2013 10:56 PM
    Ok, app has completed it's learning mode as if last night and is now active. One thing to note for my experiment- I have turned off WiFi management as I only use it at home and manually turn it off when I leave.

So far not much of difference so far except for one aspect- smoother performance. The drop-down drawer does not stutter anymore, and I noticed a difference in scrolling smoothness. The app does say wait for a day to see the app performance, so to be fair I will wait until tomorrow to post any results.

06-05-2013 10:50 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has tried Snapdragon with the app ProfileFlow? If not, what do you experts think about having both installed? Will it create any potential problems?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Rhc2tmbG93Il0.

Thanks
    06-05-2013 02:50 PM
    Ok, app has completed it's learning mode as if last night and is now active. One thing to note for my experiment- I have turned off WiFi management as I only use it at home and manually turn it off when I leave.

So far not much of difference so far except for one aspect- smoother performance. The drop-down drawer does not stutter anymore, and I noticed a difference in scrolling smoothness. The app does say wait for a day to see the app performance, so to be fair I will wait until tomorrow to post any results.

I keep tryimg the wifi manager with snapdragon but not with much luck. It turns off my wifi when I leave home but doesnt turn it back on when I return. I may have to get another app for wifi my management. Llama works great for that but doesnt play well with the s4 as of yet.

06-05-2013 03:04 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has tried Snapdragon with the app ProfileFlow? If not, what do you experts think about having both installed? Will it create any potential problems?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Rhc2tmbG93Il0.

Thanks
    I have Tasker, which seems like a more powerful version of ProfileFlow installed and my Battery Guru just got done learning today. I'll post anything out of the ordinary that I see but I wouldn't expect to see any problems.
    06-05-2013 03:05 PM
    I have Tasker, which seems like a more powerful version of ProfileFlow installed and my Battery Guru just got done learning today. I'll post anything out of the ordinary that I see but I wouldn't expect to see any problems.
    Thanks garublador.
    06-05-2013 03:51 PM
68 123