06-17-2013 02:57 PM
68 123
tools
    Think that I found the sweet spot. Very easy to get at least 6 hours screen time and not cripple the phone at all. I have gotten up to 8 but I really do hate shutting down everything just to do it. Install SnapDragon Guru. Don't care what else you do but this app works and it will get you 20-30% more screen time. I leave all location services on, screen is on auto and I get 6 hours screen time minimum everyday. These are pics from today. Battery went a little quicker because I used my rig a lot outside in the sun. Full day using the camera, surfing the net, netflix, youtube, dropbox......pretty much everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-01-16-01-18.jpg   Awesome S4 Battery-screenshot_2013-06-01-16-02-01.jpg  
    06-01-2013 04:22 PM
    thats pretty darn good and with the hotter days we can use all the help the phone can get.
    06-01-2013 04:35 PM
    Absolutely ridiculous. I didn't think this was even possible.

That's it, I'm a believer. Heard a lot about this, but this is it. Downloading Guru now. Let's see. I used to get 4.5-5 hours. Now I'm barely pushing 4, despite removing apps/disabling stuff. Let's see this work its magic.
    06-01-2013 04:54 PM
    OK I'm giving it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2013 04:57 PM
    gotta give snapdragon a try then! does it turn off your data while my screen is turned off? i hate the other battery apps that do that.
    06-01-2013 05:05 PM
    Where's the graph that shows if you charged inbetween use . Funny you left it out since its right before you click to show screen on time.
    06-01-2013 05:12 PM
    Where's the graph that shows if you charged inbetween use . Funny you left it out since its right before you click to show screen on time.
    LOL usually dont cater to people with comments like that but here is your screen shot..........Why on earth would anyone make this up?
    Attached Thumbnails Awesome S4 Battery-ssbatt.png  
    gabbott, cjones, msavic6 and 1 others like this.
    06-01-2013 05:58 PM
    LOL usually dont cater to people with comments like that but here is your screen shot..........Why on earth would anyone make this up?
    He was just asking to ensure you didn't charge is all. No need to be to defensive.. And people make stuff up alot so.. Hard to trust people on the internet :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    orion575, j510, Parafly and 1 others like this.
    06-01-2013 06:06 PM
    gotta give snapdragon a try then! does it turn off your data while my screen is turned off? i hate the other battery apps that do that.
    your option to have it turn off your data if you want. If defaults to not turning it off though.
    06-01-2013 06:06 PM
    OK I guess but I dont see the gain in making this stuff up. Anyway I am a former Razr Maxx HD guy that was very disappointed when I couldn't get at least 6 hours screen time out of my new s4. After a few emails to the developers of SnapDragon guru I have been able to get consistent 6-8 hours screen times. I am now very happy with my s4.
    He was just asking to ensure you didn't charge is all. No need to be to defensive.. And people make stuff up alot so.. Hard to trust people on the internet :P.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    06-01-2013 06:14 PM
    I'm using snapdragon guru as well. Noticed a big difference.

Sent from Cletus the almighty S IV using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Awesome S4 Battery-uploadfromtaptalk1370131288730.jpg   Awesome S4 Battery-uploadfromtaptalk1370131307537.jpg  
    06-01-2013 07:03 PM
    OK I guess but I dont see the gain in making this stuff up. Anyway I am a former Razr Maxx HD guy that was very disappointed when I couldn't get at least 6 hours screen time out of my new s4. After a few emails to the developers of SnapDragon guru I have been able to get consistent 6-8 hours screen times. I am now very happy with my s4.
    Well mine's currently learning as we speak. What kinda emails did you send? What did they say to you?
    06-01-2013 07:07 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I'll give this a try.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-01-2013 07:15 PM
    Well mine's currently learning as we speak. What kinda emails did you send? What did they say to you?
    Just to pay attention to the tutorial and to go ahead and use the phone like normal during the learnimg period. Most of my questions were about the data off feature which is cool but I dont use it. Also they said do not use the Samsung power saver when using guru. Like I said. I just leave everything on like normal and I get 6 hours screen time everyday. I have broken 8 hours by shutting down google now and turning off the gimicky samsumg gesture stuff. I need google now so I leave it on and that hurts the battery a lot. But 6 hours of screen time a day? Thats awesome for any smartphone.

Love Divine likes this.
    06-01-2013 07:19 PM
    Darn it's not compatible with the international version!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    06-01-2013 07:22 PM
    It's hard to use your phone like normal after being asked too. Kinda like not blinking more than normal once you think about it...
    06-01-2013 07:44 PM
    So this battery app needs GPS and location services on 24/7 to run it? Even with this on it still improves the battery life?
    06-01-2013 09:37 PM
    So this battery app needs GPS and location services on 24/7 to run it? Even with this on it still improves the battery life?
    No it doesn't.....you need to go to the web site and read about it. It does not use gps.

06-01-2013 09:49 PM
    Looks like I'll be giving this a try, thanks for the tip. I only got just under four hours of screen time today.

06-01-2013 10:03 PM
    A lot of mixed reviews on this one. I may hold off for a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    orion575 likes this.
    06-01-2013 10:46 PM
    I installed the Snapdragon Guru app last night. I usually get 3-3.5 hours max in screen time, so Im hoping for the same results as the OP. I'll follow up with my own results once it's taken effect. One thing OP didn't mention- this takes 3 days to "learn" your usage habits to optimize battery perfomance, so there is some investing involved.

j510 likes this.
    06-02-2013 07:20 PM
    I installed the Snapdragon Guru app last night. I usually get 3-3.5 hours max in screen time, so Im hoping for the same results as the OP. I'll follow up with my own results once it's taken effect. One thing OP didn't mention- this takes 3 days to "learn" your usage habits to optimize battery perfomance, so there is some investing involved.

Use your phone as you would normally use it during the learning.. I don't think that you could consider that much of an investment.

06-02-2013 07:25 PM
    Can you show us your setting such as disabled apps or if you have any of the unnecessary stuff on like air view or gestures.
    06-02-2013 09:05 PM
    Use your phone as you would normally use it during the learning.. I don't think that you could consider that much of an investment.

No there is an investment in the fact that results will not show up for 3 days. This is not an instant battery saving app like juice defender, that is all I was trying to let people know.

j510 likes this.
    06-03-2013 07:12 AM
    I used the Battery Guru app on my S3 as well, but the savings appear to be even better with the S4...

To answer some questions:
    - Yes, you need to keep location services turned on, but that doesn't seem to matter. It uses location cues to know when to turn wifi on/off and such.
    - Once the "learning" phase is complete, you can customize it to only make the changes you want it to make. If you don't want it to control certain apps or services, it's very easy to turn those features off
    - Even after the initial learning phase, the app will continue to get better over time as it is able to adjust to your daily habits and location cues. You may not notice a significant difference right away.
    - Worst case scenario, if you find the app doesn't work for you, just uninstall it.

I personally don't like any "battery saver" apps that cripple my device in the process. I have been using this app for quite some time and I can honestly say that it has no effect on my device's overall usability...which is why I like it so far.
    06-03-2013 10:08 AM
68 123