Hi guys, I'm new to Android as I was an iPhone user from the first gen. I got my S4 2 days ago and I love it, however, the battery life is terrible and I found out that Google Services is using 44% of my battery. Is there some setting I can do to turn it off? I am clueless with this phone so I will need to be spoonfed. I really like the phone and I don't want to return it, but if the battery life is this bad I can't keep it.

I charged it last night and unplugged it before bed and when I woke up after 5 hours the battery went from 100 to 70% over 5 hours of standby.
    06-01-2013 04:53 PM
    there are power saving settings in settings go play around with them. you hit the settings app and find power settings or in the drawer pull down. turning your phone over while charging may help. it has sensors that are waiting on you and if they cant see you they should sleep. yes thats true on the watching and waiting.

the battery life of a smartphone is not what we would want or need. 10 hours is a good day.
    06-02-2013 10:26 AM
    I had this issue too. After I installed some apps like llama and automateit I seemed to notice it. Unfortunately I did not know why my battery was being drained so I uninstalled these apps and it seemed to do it for me.
    06-02-2013 11:48 AM
    first off, the conscencous on S4 battery life has been generally been very good, personally 15-17 hrs/day with 30%+ reserve on fairly heavy use is the norm for me and seems to be pretty typical results on these forums! While there is always those few that have problems with battery life on the S4, this is typical of any device since battery life is SO dependent on usage, signal strength, 3rd party apps and sinc/update habits!
    Normally, your early battery life is going to be relatively poor due to battery conditioning and the initial heavy usage from setting up the phone and all the apps that you load initially...after a few charge cycles this tends to improve dramatically as the phone/battery "settles".
    In my personal experience, one other result of this may be several 3rd party apps, OEM apps, and carrier installed apps all trying to sinc/update in the backround and while your phone is in standby, effectively killing your battery without you even knowing it!
    I stumbled into this early on with my S3 last time around when my data usage was going through the roof! After a little digging I found several apps powering up in the backround to update/sinc on the net, a carrier loaded wifi app was a huge offender constantly polling for wifi networks!
    After freezing the unneeded/unused apps, I put all the remaining apps on a diet/schedule and actually update some manually. This resulted in cutting the data usage by more then 50% and dramatically increasing the battery life!
    Now this is a normal part of the setup process of all of my new devices!
    It sounds like this may be at least part of your issue and may be worth a little time to explore!

Cheers
    06-02-2013 11:48 AM
    Which apps would you recommend disabling? I have taken out a lot of the samsung apps and google apps, but my battery is draining a lot still!
    Thanks
    06-12-2013 05:11 PM