Google Maps battery drain?

anon(415336)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been posted before (but while studying for the bar, I don't have a lot of trolling time ;( ) or maybe it hasn't but...
There's either a problem with Google Maps, Google Services or maybe Sammie SW? I still get like ~1day per battery, but after seeing some of the stellar battery life numbers that some people have posted, I figured this has to be wrong. I checked Battery under setting and whatdayaknow, Maps is usually taking more battery than Screen sometimes!
Is anybody else experiencing this? Any fixes? Is this a Google issue maybe...and a glitchy version of maps/services framework?
Thanks!

P.S.: I've noticed this fairly recently.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been posted before (but while studying for the bar, I don't have a lot of trolling time ;( ) or maybe it hasn't but...
There's either a problem with Google Maps, Google Services or maybe Sammie SW? I still get like ~1day per battery, but after seeing some of the stellar battery life numbers that some people have posted, I figured this has to be wrong. I checked Battery under setting and whatdayaknow, Maps is usually taking more battery than Screen sometimes!
Is anybody else experiencing this? Any fixes? Is this a Google issue maybe...and a glitchy version of maps/services framework?
Thanks!

P.S.: I've noticed this fairly recently.

2 things to check

1. If location settings is enabled in Tue main settings then Google maps will run intermittently.

2. In the maps app go to settings>kocatin settings and turn off location reporting and location sharing. This will increase the number of times maps run in the background if location settings are enabled.

I have location settings enabled but I turn of location reporting and sharing so maps uses little of my battery.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Got my S4 yesterday morning and found that early this morning (I work nights, so about 3:30 am) Maps had overtaken Screen as the highest percentage (35-40% for Maps). I found that Maps had kept my phone awake for nearly an hour overall. I did notice that location reporting was turned on, so I have turned it (leaving Location Services on since I use Google Now). It's currently recharging so hopefully the next 24 hours will tell whether or not Location Reporting was the culprit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz