I'm sure this has been posted before (but while studying for the bar, I don't have a lot of trolling time ;( ) or maybe it hasn't but...
    There's either a problem with Google Maps, Google Services or maybe Sammie SW? I still get like ~1day per battery, but after seeing some of the stellar battery life numbers that some people have posted, I figured this has to be wrong. I checked Battery under setting and whatdayaknow, Maps is usually taking more battery than Screen sometimes!
    Is anybody else experiencing this? Any fixes? Is this a Google issue maybe...and a glitchy version of maps/services framework?
    Thanks!

P.S.: I've noticed this fairly recently.
    06-01-2013 08:08 PM
    I'm sure this has been posted before (but while studying for the bar, I don't have a lot of trolling time ;( ) or maybe it hasn't but...
    There's either a problem with Google Maps, Google Services or maybe Sammie SW? I still get like ~1day per battery, but after seeing some of the stellar battery life numbers that some people have posted, I figured this has to be wrong. I checked Battery under setting and whatdayaknow, Maps is usually taking more battery than Screen sometimes!
    Is anybody else experiencing this? Any fixes? Is this a Google issue maybe...and a glitchy version of maps/services framework?
    Thanks!

P.S.: I've noticed this fairly recently.
    2 things to check

1. If location settings is enabled in Tue main settings then Google maps will run intermittently.

2. In the maps app go to settings>kocatin settings and turn off location reporting and location sharing. This will increase the number of times maps run in the background if location settings are enabled.

I have location settings enabled but I turn of location reporting and sharing so maps uses little of my battery.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2013 08:51 PM
    I'll try that out, but something tells me this is a google issue. Will update.
    06-02-2013 08:13 AM
    Got my S4 yesterday morning and found that early this morning (I work nights, so about 3:30 am) Maps had overtaken Screen as the highest percentage (35-40% for Maps). I found that Maps had kept my phone awake for nearly an hour overall. I did notice that location reporting was turned on, so I have turned it (leaving Location Services on since I use Google Now). It's currently recharging so hopefully the next 24 hours will tell whether or not Location Reporting was the culprit.
    06-02-2013 12:58 PM