Hope someone have a solution to this.

I switched from iPhone4 to HTC One + and now Samsung Galaxy S4. In the previous 2 phones, my emails were saved in the phone/sdcard memory (in iPhone4 up to 1000emails and in HTC is unlimited). However on the S4, I realised that the email client sync with my email server everytime and only the number of emails left on the server is displayed. The emails that were deleted on the server were deleted from the phone as well.

Is there any way to change this setting? I would like all emails downloaded to stay in the phone memory unitl I delete them from the phone.

Appreciate any solutions. Thank you.
    06-02-2013 06:51 AM

Sounds like you've set up your email accounts as IMAP accounts which does what you say is happening with your email - delete from server and it's removed from phone and vice versa.

You should try setting up the emails accounts as POP accounts instead of IMAP. With POP you can chose to not delete from server and vice versa.

When you set up your email accounts as POP accounts you are given the option to leave messages on server.. Make sure you check that.

For gmail you need to do another step - enable POP in your gmail settings. More here: https://support.google.com/mail/trou...960?hl=en&rd=2

Hope that helps.
    06-02-2013 08:34 AM