Hi everyone, this may sound like a silly question I'm still new to android but I've read some post talking about samsung updates and how their device works better now

Are these updates apps we download from the play store or is it automatic updates that happen behind the scenes, I looked on the Playstore and couldn't really find anything

So once again pardon my ignorance in the issue but what are these samsung updates people are talking about?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    06-02-2013 01:04 PM
    Hi everyone, this may sound like a silly question I'm still new to android but I've read some post talking about samsung updates and how their device works better now

Are these updates apps we download from the play store or is it automatic updates that happen behind the scenes, I looked on the Playstore and couldn't really find anything

So once again pardon my ignorance in the issue but what are these samsung updates people are talking about?

Thanks

updates are firmware updates which usually come from your carrier for US models and directly from Samsung if you have an international model. You will receive a notification when you receive one. You can also manually check for them, on ATT anyways, if you want.
    06-02-2013 01:07 PM
    updates are firmware updates which usually come from your carrier for US models and directly from Samsung if you have an international model. You will receive a notification when you receive one. You can also manually check for them, on ATT anyways, if you want.
    If on ATT go to Settings>More>About Device>Software Update>Check for updates>OK. It may be the same for other carriers, I don't know.
    06-02-2013 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply I'm actually in Canada but I did what you said and after scanning it said I'm up to date. I also ha en it that it updates automatically, is this all we have to for system updates? I'm asking because I don't feel like my device has fixed any of the issues

06-02-2013 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply I'm actually in Canada but I did what you said and after scanning it said I'm up to date. I also ha en it that it updates automatically, is this all we have to for system updates? I'm asking because I don't feel like my device has fixed any of the issues

I've seen some of your posts on the issue you have. Why don't you take the phone back and tell the retailer about them? I don't have the smearing issue you describe and haven't seen a major issue develop on on it. Perhaps it is specific to a few phones. Anyway I'm sure you can show the sales person the smearing and get a new phone.

You can also download Samsung Kies and update through it when updates are available. Keep an eye on this forum someone here will be the first to report any new updates.
    06-02-2013 01:33 PM
    Ok tohio thanks, I thought of bringing it back but I did hear some other people talk about the smearing maybe it's just some devices, and it's actually not a huge deal it's just that I expect so much more from such a high end device

06-02-2013 01:40 PM