Adapter for 30-pin iphone dock to Galaxy s4 for conveying sound

21redbarchetta12

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My Kenwood car stereo is highly limited in options. It has an Apple 30-pin male ended dock adapter for connecting to an ipod for music.

I'd like to configure a set of adapters to convey sound from my Galaxy s4 via the 30-pin dock.

I believe I could do this via the female headphone jack of the s4 or the female micro jack of the s4.

Has anyone had success with this? Would you be able to recommend specific components?

Mike Diaz

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi if u get a solution please post. I'm having the same problem. It's driving me nuts. I have the kenwood kiv. What I did for now is connect an iPod to the 30 pin cable the stereo detects an iPod and gives me the iPod icon. I then add an aux cable one to the galaxy and the other to the iPod input in the back of the stereo. It works but seems complicated

21redbarchetta12

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Mike

I found a 30-pin to headphone mini adapter on Amazon that conveys sound through the Kenwood receiver.

Radtech 13-300 ProCable 3.5mm Male to 30-Pin Female Audio Adapter for Most 30-Pin Docks.

I just play music via ipod music controlled by hand option in the Kenwood.

Not a wireless solution but probably the best I'll get. I called Kenwood, they are helpful and knowledgeable on what their receivers can and cannot do. They can't offer much in the way of off-label fixes, but they may be able to help you make sure you're not missing an option.

My Kenwood is only Bluetooth compatible for phone, not through pass through music.

If you find another solution, please share it with me.

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I found once a 30-pin adapter to Bluetooth. This works in specially old stereos that use analog audio (or stereos with the 30-pin dock) it works great on my devices and the best part is I don't have to plug anything. Yet it didn't work in some stereos that do recognize the iPod and load all the songs etc for direct control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci