Last weekend I was at a music concert and was taking a video of the DJ, this random girl dancing hits my arm and I drop my phone face down on the concrete from about 6-7 feet in the air and not one scratch. I felt after that moment, that this phone was unbreakable (I have it naked). That brings me to today. I was at the pool laying down and I go to place my phone in my shoe to keep it out the sun. From about 6-10 inches above the ground I drop it into what I thought was my shoe but fell onto the concrete and now I have a weird crack on my screen.

I got it two weeks ago. Is this an easy fix or do I have to send it back? I'd rather just order it and do it myself since its such a pain in the *** to start from a brand new phone again.

Any suggestions? I can't physically feel the crack and it looks like its on the phone frame

Sorry for the poor picture quality, its my gf's iphone 4
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Cracked-photo.jpg   Screen Cracked-photo-1-.jpg   Screen Cracked-photo-2-.jpg  
    06-02-2013 07:59 PM
    Well if gorilla glass III is anything like regular glass, you may have actually nicked the screen edge under the phone surround the first time you dropped it, and the second minor drop triggered the crack! Something like when you get a rock chip in a car windsheild, and then later on a crack runs accross the windsheild!
    In any case it sucks! On the positive side the S4 is one of the easiest phones to repair...on the negitive side, the screen is going to be the hardest part of the phone to fix
    Good Luck!
    Cheers
    06-02-2013 08:39 PM
    Just got mine back after I dropped it and shattered my glass. The phone is not as rugged as an iPhone, but I am now rocking it in a Slim Armor case now, no more running naked with this phone.... Trust me it is not cheap getting the screen repaired.
    06-02-2013 09:34 PM
    Check out Samsung website. Had my nexus repaired a couple times there and the price isn't too bad. They gave me a new phone one time as well. Well probably a refurbished one anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2013 11:53 PM
    Just got mine back after I dropped it and shattered my glass. The phone is not as rugged as an iPhone, but I am now rocking it in a Slim Armor case now, no more running naked with this phone.... Trust me it is not cheap getting the screen repaired.
    This is what I have been saying for ages. It aint worth the risk people. IF YA LIKE IT THEN PUT A CASE ON IT!!
    roberts68 and TomsAndroid like this.
    06-03-2013 06:36 AM
    thanks for all the advice. Since the s4 is new the prices for the just the screen to be repaired are still extremely high. I am just going to send it back to Verizon since I have insurance and buy a case. Lesson learned
    06-03-2013 08:22 PM
    ...no more running naked with this phone....
    It keeps the cops off your back as well...
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    06-03-2013 08:24 PM
    Heart just sunk looking at that.
    06-03-2013 08:24 PM
    It keeps the cops off your back as well...
    Badomp bomp!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2013 08:46 PM