I have been thinking about installing the Swiftkey app, can I get a few opinions on it, can you turn it off and on, is it easier to type on then the stock one (I have turned into the typo king since I got S4).
    06-03-2013 12:56 PM
    I have been thinking about installing the Swiftkey app, can I get a few opinions on it, can you turn it off and on, is it easier to type on then the stock one (I have turned into the typo king since I got S4).
    SwiftKey is an awesome app! It's one of the few apps that I would have bought over PER device if I had too. But I don't have too. You can turn it off and on pretty easy.

As far as being the king of typos it will predict your words pretty well after you hit around 1000 words. It also lets you know how much better you have gotten. And like any keyboard its the best depending on what you find comfortable for a keyboard. They have a free version that you can try and you can't go wrong giving it a shot. Other than wasted time you got nothing to lose my friend! I say just download it and give it a shot.
    06-03-2013 01:00 PM
    Try first free version trial and I'm sure you will love it. The best keyboard on the market so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk
    06-03-2013 01:06 PM
    I love it as well. The best keyboard out there.
    06-03-2013 01:19 PM
    I love it. One of my "must have" apps, for sure.
    Dural likes this.
    06-03-2013 01:33 PM
    It was hard to give up the stock GS4 keyboard because I love the numbers along the top of the keyboard, but the predictive abilities of SwiftKey are just too good to not use. Best money I have spent in quite a while. SwiftKey Flooooooow is the way to Gooooooooo!
    06-03-2013 01:44 PM
    I am a little confused. I read online that Swiftkey was on 'ALL' Galaxy S4's out of the box?

What is the difference between the app and the swiftkey technology that comes pre-installed?
    06-03-2013 02:55 PM
    I am a little confused. I read online that Swiftkey was on 'ALL' Galaxy S4's out of the box?

What is the difference between the app and the swiftkey technology that comes pre-installed?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I believe the Galaxy S4 uses the swiftkey prediction engine, but it's not a fully-featured version of the app...?

I never even gave the stock keyboard a try because I've used Swiftkey (even better now with Flow!) for so long that I just immediately installed it and started using it.
    06-03-2013 02:59 PM
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I believe the Galaxy S4 uses the swiftkey prediction engine, but it's not a fully-featured version of the app...?

I never even gave the stock keyboard a try because I've used Swiftkey (even better now with Flow!) for so long that I just immediately installed it and started using it.
    Yea I am brand new to Android. But after reading this I downloaded the trial anyways. The thing that really wins me over is the flow-through-space or whatever they call it. It is unbelievably useful and cool. I literally typed a whole paragraph without lifting my finger once. I just wish they could have included this with the preset one as well, but I guess they need to make money too .
    06-03-2013 03:02 PM
    I love swiftkey. I use it on all my Android devices!

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    06-03-2013 03:55 PM