Swiftkey was the cause of my Keyboard Lag

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So I've been a purchased user of Swiftkey for awhile now and have used it on a few phones without any issues, but it seems that it might have trouble with either the GS4 or maybe 4.2.2 in general.

The issues I have been having is that Swiftkey doesn't keep up with my typing. I type pretty quick, but not overly accurate. When typing, I have the CLICK sound on, so I hear it with every keystroke, but it would just skip letters sometimes even though I heard the click sound. I know the phone recognizes that I touched the key, but it just randomly just skips letters. If I type slower it isn't as bad, but still happens a little bit.

So I decided to go try a free stock keyboard I used to use from the market. Some one made a stock 4.1 keyboard for everyone in the Play store awhile back, which he/she has updated to the stock 4.2 keyboard. Although it's not as full featured as Swiftkey, it works just great. It doesn't skip letters or lag.

I don't necessarily blame it on Swiftkey 100%, being that it works just fine on my LGP and my old Note 2 when I still had it. I think it really just is some bad interaction it is having with the GS4, which hopefully the makers of Swiftkey fix.

The stock 4.2 keyboard I am referring to is here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...plbGx5YmVhbmtleWJvYXJkLmYuZyJd&token=Gr0Ez-X7

Anyone with keyboard lag, give it a go and see if it helps you out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7