Samsung Galaxy S4 - Internet Restriction Question (current iPhone user)

Boots610

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

This is quite random but I am looking for some info if possible.

I currently use an iPhone 4, however I use the restrictions on the phone to disable safari so that I cannot use the internet (I have health anxiety and having Google at my fingertips does not help me at all!!), so my current phone set up is that I downloaded all the apps I wanted and then my hubby activated the restrictions on my phone (not sure if you are familiar with this but basically in this setting you can turn off the internet and being able to download apps and then secure it with a password so that you cannot access the internet or download apps without re-entering that password). When this restriction is on I can access the apps I downloaded (prior to the restriction) but I cannot access the internet or download further apps.

In short I want to know if there is any way to password protect the internet and the downloading of apps so that I cannot consult Dr Google and any associated medical apps that are out there.

Does anyone know if the same sort of thing can be done on a Samsung Galaxy 4S?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is a neat feature I didn't know about... Sorry about your anxiety, BTW.

I haven't seen anything like that on the settings of the S4 (not 4S, but I can see why you'd make that slip :p) but you can disable mobile data... this 'kills' the internet and, of course, app download, but you can use all the apps as long as they don't require a network connection to work (i.e. Spotify wihtout offline playlists, networked games, etc.).

There MIGHT be an app that allows you to set more controls and passwords into it in the Play Store, though... And of course, at least for app download, you can set up a password to allow app downloads.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
well, if you root the phone, you can use a firewall to restrict certain apps from using the internet... and out there might be a firewall that has password lock within...
but, as i just said, your phone needs to be rooted for this to work

Boots610

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both for your response. I've been thinking about it a bit more, I am going to have a look for parental control apps to see if I can find one that will block the use of web browsing and downloading apps.....that might be a work around :)

I've had an iPhone for too long now, really want to get myself an Android :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke