Assistive Light LED

mattsladnick

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed for quite some time that the Assistive Light on the Galaxy S4 is dimmer than the LED light can allow. Compared to when it's on for the camera or when it's on using a third party app, the LED light is decently brighter than through the Assistive Light. It is not a major difference but it has become fairly noticeable to me. I did not have this issue on the Galaxy S3. Has anyone noticed this issue? I tried looking through forums for similar comments but found none. It's pretty annoying having to use a third party app rather than the Assistive Light widget.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed for quite some time that the Assistive Light on the Galaxy S4 is dimmer than the LED light can allow. Compared to when it's on for the camera or when it's on using a third party app, the LED light is decently brighter than through the Assistive Light. It is not a major difference but it has become fairly noticeable to me. I did not have this issue on the Galaxy S3. Has anyone noticed this issue? I tried looking through forums for similar comments but found none. It's pretty annoying having to use a third party app rather than the Assistive Light widget.

Have you tried it with PowerSave on/off?

mattsladnick

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the Power saving feature, I just tried it both ways though, didn't notice a difference.

Additional note: Does not matter if it's plugged in or not

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just confirmed it to be completely and absolutely correct!

Just tried the Assistive Light against a flashlight app from the market... assistive light gives much less light than the 3rd party app!

And I thought that I was just way too drunk when I "noticed" it...

Good observation!

mattsladnick

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I would assume Samsung did it intentionally to conserve battery life since it can remain on even while the phone is locked, but I would much rather have the full light on the Assistive Light, as was on the S3. I am surprised this issue hasn't been mentioned before.

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was going to post A thread on this. I noticed it like right away. It is a minor thing but definitely noticeable. I use the flashlight function quit a bit and it was annoying that it isn't as bright on the s4 as on the s3 . I'll have to check out 3rd party flashlight apps then.

Posted via Android Central App

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
But the assistive light for some reason turns on and off instantly. Other apps lag turning on the flashlight and sometimes get stuck and won't turn it on.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

mattsladnick

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have not found one yet but is there a third party app that includes a widget that functions the same as the Assistive Light widget? The third party apps I have tried all include a widget that simply opens the flashlight app.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have not found one yet buta third party app that includes a widget that functions the same as the Assistive Light widget? The third party apps I have tried all include a widget that simply opens the flashlight app.

This is the one I use since my s2 ... it is the app, and has a widget that just turns it on...

And it's true that the assistive light widget is way more fast and responsive

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.devuni.flashlight&token=Ke2DWlPA

I'm sure there are more out there, but that's the one I use ;)

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've never had this issue, I've been using a third party app since the phone was released.

Compare and you'll see. If you know of an app that has a widget that turns on the flashlight without launching an app and is as fast as assistive light please "enlighten" us.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II