Is my Samsung S4 a Fake?? :0

africano

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
first post here...so bare with me! Just bought a Samsung S4 from a big mobile phone community website here in Spain. The user has a very good reputation and all positive points on the forum. I received a sealed samsung S4 and paid quite a lot (less than in the shop). He informed me that he bought it from a special offer that was available from xopso.es and its true they had the offer, I checked.

He sent the sealed box, with the receipt from the xopso.es website where he purchused it. Inside is the phone with all the accessories, manual, guarantee, etc.

I have been playing with the phone all day and everthing looks fine, tried all the software and things like air gesture, air view, etc, etc and everything works fine. I guess Im only paranoid as its the first time I buy from a guy on the forum and not from a shop and dont want to be ripped off. My previous phone was a iphone 3gs and so therefore I dont know much about samsung S4.

I registered the phone on samsung and I think it registered fine. Is there anything I should check just to be 100 percent sure?
I tried looking at imei status websites but not too sure if these are trustworthy...on one I put the imei in and it came up as a samsung S4....everything was fine here only thing that put me off was it said memory was 32g (in mb) but my S4 is 16g?

So can anyone advise me on if there is anything I can do to check and be completely sure? for my own peace of mind?

Again just to say that I think everything is fine as the phone works great to the best of my knowledge!

thanks and looking forward to any advise anyone can offer!

thanks!

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If it has all the Samsung stuff and it was able to register with the Samsung servers, the chances of it being a knockoff are quite slim. It's the real device, don't worry about it. I highly doubt they would be able to build a knockoff at this point in time with all the Samsung software, it's just too new. I would assume it would take some porting or work, but I don't know a lot about knockoffs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should see all the stickers/holograms from Samsung in all the right places (your battery, the back panel, and of course, if you open your phone you should find all the components there, but I don't think you should have to go that far). In any case, knockoffs are usually not consistent with all the features or the screen doesn't look right, etc. And finally, Samsung servers register the Hardware ID, which you can't easily fake, so I think you're safe.

AWE SOME

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I think your phone is a genuine S4 one if you have been able to register, to be 100% sure just check this on your phone, go to Setting.... more .... about device..... secure boot status....Samsung is written for a genuine s4 and custome is written for a fake one...hope I've help you.

Fahmy Asaad

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 100118I would like to check some points about my phone :
• The mobile imported from China by my friend but it's made in Korea, is it original or high copy ?
• The mobile network is disconnecting many times and I have to restart the device to be able to make a phone call !
• The mobile serial number which shown on the device back is not matching with the number which shown in the mobile status while the IMEI is ok, is it normal ?
• The hotspot option is not working, tried many times to use it but it gave me a small window ( mobile data is not available or invalid SIM ) noting that my previous phone was supporting hotspot without any problems !
• The android version still 4.2.2, does S4 will be updated to 4.3 or to 4.4 KitKat directly ?, I have checked for updates many times but no updates available at all !

Last edited:

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
How does your bezel look? On YouTube they showed a fake and it was much larger like the note 8.0 as an example compared to the tab 3. Noticeable difference.

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
first post here...so bare with me! Just bought a Samsung S4 from a big mobile phone community website here in Spain. The user has a very good reputation and all positive points on the forum. I received a sealed samsung S4 and paid quite a lot (less than in the shop). He informed me that he bought it from a special offer that was available from xopso.es and its true they had the offer, I checked.

He sent the sealed box, with the receipt from the xopso.es website where he purchused it. Inside is the phone with all the accessories, manual, guarantee, etc.

I have been playing with the phone all day and everthing looks fine, tried all the software and things like air gesture, air view, etc, etc and everything works fine. I guess Im only paranoid as its the first time I buy from a guy on the forum and not from a shop and dont want to be ripped off. My previous phone was a iphone 3gs and so therefore I dont know much about samsung S4.

I registered the phone on samsung and I think it registered fine. Is there anything I should check just to be 100 percent sure?
I tried looking at imei status websites but not too sure if these are trustworthy...on one I put the imei in and it came up as a samsung S4....everything was fine here only thing that put me off was it said memory was 32g (in mb) but my S4 is 16g?

So can anyone advise me on if there is anything I can do to check and be completely sure? for my own peace of mind?

Again just to say that I think everything is fine as the phone works great to the best of my knowledge!

thanks and looking forward to any advise anyone can offer!

thanks!

Why are you even posting this question? You said all of the following;
1. Had a good rating
2. Sent you a SEALED box.
3. Sent you the receipt from a company with a good reputation.
4. You have had no problems with the phone what so ever.
5. And the deal he told you about, you verified was correct...
6. You successfully registered the phone on Samsung's website!!!!

WHY ON EARTH! Are you asking if it's possibly a fake with no reason to believe it is? Nothing, not even one thing you have said in your post suggests that this phone is even possible fake. This is absolute nonsense! You sound paranoid for no reason. Your phone is fine! MOVE ON!