I could care less what market it affects. Any Apple patent suit loss is a good loss.

BBC News - Apple loses US trade panel ruling in Samsung dispute
    06-04-2013 09:23 PM
    The iPhone era is over...I think Apple did it to themselves...they are like stubborn kids who don't want to share, and those kids always end up having no friends
    tohio likes this.
    06-04-2013 09:42 PM
    However, the victory may be largely symbolic, because the ban covers models that are made in China and no longer actively sold in the US market.
    "Today's decision has no impact on the availability of Apple products in the United States," Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet said in a statement.
    Really doesn't make a difference either way. If they wanted to hit them hard they need to get the iPhone 5 tagged.
    06-04-2013 09:55 PM
    I could care less what market it affects. Any Apple patent suit loss is a good loss.

BBC News - Apple loses US trade panel ruling in Samsung dispute
    That's a short-sighted view of this particular case. This will have repercussions throughout US patent law, because these involve FRAND patents that Samsung should never have had the option to receive an import ban on.

Also, part of me thinks Apple allowed this to happen. This result will only accelerate the antitrust investigation against Samsung for abusing these types of patents, and could very well help lead to a formal case against them. It will also crystallize opposition in the courts, FTC, and legislature against the use of import bans for FRAND patents and lead to a serious reform of the ITC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    06-04-2013 10:53 PM