S4 active to drop SAMOLED?

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This phone is what the original Galaxy S4 should've been, minus the extremely outdated hardware keys (I wouldn't buy it just for that) and with the S4's 13MP camera. Samsung really missed a golden opportunity me thinks. For all the flack the original S4 gets when compared to a One for a plastic design, at least people would be able to say their phone is waterproof. The original S4 is already on track to be one of the best selling Android phones of all time, but with Samsung's marketing muscle behind showing everyone they have a waterproof phone, there's no doubt in my mind anyway, it would've sold more than whatever the GS4 goes on to sell. It would've been like those with the iPhone 4/4S upgrading to an i5, instead of those with S3s staying put.

I'm a sucker for the color though and that's why I prefer AMOLED to TFT, that's just me though. But man, what could've been...

This phone will also cost more than the original S4, so there is that.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually kind of excited about this. I ski a lot. But I just bought a regular S4.

Did the dimensions on the Active get released yet?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Better outdoor visibility. I'd bet that they won't drop amoled for their standards.

Since it is aimed at "active users", I am surprised at a few things... They realized that daylight viewing is important, but they didn't take into account that people who use the device for sports or work would want the best camera, and maximum battery life.

Just my personal preference, I'd have jumped all over this if they used a lower resolution screen that ate less battery (you can have a great screen at less than true HD), put in the biggest battery that could fit, and use the 13mp camera. I'd pay $50 more for that.

Posted via Android Central App

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually kind of excited about this. I ski a lot. But I just bought a regular S4.

Did the dimensions on the Active get released yet?

Regular S4

136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in)

S4 Active

139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm (5.5 x 2.81 x 0.36 in)

Pretty much in the same ballpark with the main difference being the Active is thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995