S4 stock video player issue

Scott4551

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When using the stock video player in landscape view the bottom control bar comes up and never goes away. I have tried taping everywhere and waiting but it just stays on. Also the brightness and volume controls don't come up when pressing down on the left/right side of the screen assaid they would. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar issue with pictures in the gallery app. The top bar doesn't go away (as it did after a few seconds when I gfirst got the phone). After some research it appears the issue is related to the Accessiblity settings. I use 'Light Flow' to control my LED. It is activated under Services in the Accessibility setting. If I turn it off, the top bar goes away. This issue apparently surfaces when any of the Accessibility services are turned on. This might be the case for the video player. For me, the bottom bar in the video player stays on in portrait but when I turn to landscape it goes away and stays away when I go portrait again.

Stupifiery

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. I have to rotate the phone to portrait and then back to landscape. I'd love to find a fix. My buddy has the same S4 for Verizon and doors not have the issue. Weird right?

Stupifiery

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Resolved. K so after many conversations with Samsung I tried resetting the cache and data under settings for the video player app, then did a soft reset of device then went into Recovery mode and deleted the cache partition, then finally did a complete reset of my s4, list all my apps data everything had to start from scratch. But Yay my video app works!
Well the status bar goes away.

Optimus1216

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I figured out the problem.. When u have any accessibility app turned on like dynamic notifications the video player does that.... The only way to get rid of the problem is to turn off the accessibility app when watching ur videos. Or else try another video player like vlc or mx player.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL